DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Pro - External Battery (X2) Adaptor for Extended Flight Time

well, i extremely dislike the idea of having a combination of the stock battery on top of the external 'raw' lipo connected like that - if that is what i see in there on the picture.
you have real chances here to end up with a lipo fire.

people who use such solution do set parameters to ignore any intelligent battery features and use external battery voltage sensors to control the status of the external power source.
they also remove stock battery completely first and only plug in external ones. or - what i saw - they remove all cells from the stock battery and only keep in there the board with sensors. but, to have both..,.
just plugging it like that, blindly, will not do any good and may fry your stock lipo. you typically only set in parallel absolutely identical lipos, same C rating, same capacity. you absolutely do not want one battery pushing wild current into other battery if they are not identical - a smaller one will most likely explode.

if you really into extended flight time using safe methods - there was one seller on the alibaba who had custom made double capacity intelligent batteries, made by taking actual stock batteries, and 'merging' them to double count of cells.

i really do not know what you will get with such adapter. dji uses high voltage cells of a different chemistry compared to usual lipos one can buy - dji charges to 17.6 something V, a usual 4S lipo charges only up to to 16.8V.
it will not like at all being connected to a 17.6V source. do it all at your own risk.

if you do not know how a 5000mah 4S lipo burns - you may want to check it out online first. it has a lot of lithium in it, it is quite intense.

also, people who do such mods are doing it mostly to set record flight hover times - they disable all other features. such hacks/stunts are not really compatible with a normal usual usage of those drones. you can put 2 5000mah bricks on the mavic 2 and it will hover with it, but, do not expect it to fly normally like this. it is built in the optimal configuration by the factory. extra weight will be reducing flying characteristics while gaining not much extra time.
Can you point me to the above seller who on Alibaba who had custom made double capacity intelligent batteries for DJI? I've not been able to find anything. Thanks!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Can you point me to the above seller who on Alibaba who had custom made double capacity intelligent batteries for DJI? I've not been able to find anything. Thanks!
I saw it several months ago, and did not look since. Try to search, it was also mentioned in the modders thread on this site.

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the UAVmods Mavic 2 pro/zoom Dual power adaptor Ver.2. I'm conflicted with regards to which batteries to buy. Would appreciate very much recommendations from pilots who have undergone this mod for the best brand/amperage and recharging kit.

IMG_20180927_232913_zz437n.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance...
Why don’t they sell the batteries as well? On top of that I don’t see any YouTube videos on how to fix everything to the drone.

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the UAVmods Mavic 2 pro/zoom Dual power adaptor Ver.2. I'm conflicted with regards to which batteries to buy. Would appreciate very much recommendations from pilots who have undergone this mod for the best brand/amperage and recharging kit.

Fairly straight forward, either mounting a single on top or twin batterys on the belly, i managed to get hold of x2 multistar 4000mah 10c batterys which are VERY HARD to come by now! Not done that much testing as of yet (been focusing on other things and not had the weather) i also plan on buying one of these at some point too, have read good things about them! I use one of these chargers for all of my mp2 externals and spark batterys

HTRC T240 AC 150W DC 240W Touch screen Dual Channel RC car lipo battery Charger | eBay

HobbyStar 8000mAh 4S 14.8V 100C Hardcase LiPo Battery XT90 RC Car Buggy Truck 24606925352 | eBay

Fairly straight forward, either mounting a single on top or twin batterys on the belly, i managed to get hold of x2 multistar 4000mah 10c batterys which are VERY HARD to come by now! Not done that much testing as of yet (been focusing on other things and not had the weather) i also plan on buying one of these at some point too, have read good things about them! I use one of these chargers for all of my mp2 externals and spark batterys

HTRC T240 AC 150W DC 240W Touch screen Dual Channel RC car lipo battery Charger | eBay

HobbyStar 8000mAh 4S 14.8V 100C Hardcase LiPo Battery XT90 RC Car Buggy Truck 24606925352 | eBay
Yep, just what i said. 14.8v lipo connected in parallel with a 17.6v lihv. It is not safe.

Mel: That is quite a rig!

m2p-double-battery-rig.jpg

So, any flight anomalies? I couldn't tell from the site...how many cells are in that combo?

And of course, what was the exchange rate price if you don't mind me asking? Finally, that was pretty darn brave ordering from that shaky site, glad it worked out as expected. :)

Heard someone asking for the double battery link. Here you go. Bought 1 ad I shall say it perform as it should.
Dajiang MAVIC 2 double Battery Spirit 43 Imperial AIRpro High Capacity Battery UAV -in UAV equipment from Play mode/Anime/Periphery/cos/Board games on Buy2taobao.com
Hope you can decipher Chinese description in their advertisement.
yep, that`s the one. it is supposed to have original cells from mavic 2 batteries, that should be safe.
what did you pay for it?

Yes it has the original LiHv battery and its hardly got heated up. I've went to 18km return flight with extra 20% battery at 30 to 40km/hr wind on Master Airscrew props but having HD signal flakiness on Nanosync 3W Sunhans Booster. Well I should say it's performing albeit the aerodynamic part

Heard someone asking for the double battery link. Here you go. Bought 1 ad I shall say it perform as it should.
Dajiang MAVIC 2 double Battery Spirit 43 Imperial AIRpro High Capacity Battery UAV -in UAV equipment from Play mode/Anime/Periphery/cos/Board games on Buy2taobao.com
Hope you can decipher Chinese description in their advertisement.
Im looking at buying one but what option did you choose from their 'color' list for the MP2 battery? i assume each one is a different type of battery.

Hello all,

You can always purchase one of these modded batteries as well. The product description states a 45 minuet hover time. 御2mavic2 改双电池续航延时拉锯38公里防炸机鸡 - 闲鱼.淘宝二手

also, people who do such mods are doing it mostly to set record flight hover times - they disable all other features. such hacks/stunts are not really compatible with a normal usual usage of those drones. you can put 2 5000mah bricks on the mavic 2 and it will hover with it, but, do not expect it to fly normally like this. it is built in the optimal configuration by the factory. extra weight will be reducing flying characteristics while gaining not much extra time.

With that said (and many fine points are being made there), below is a video of a mavic traveling 6 miles each way.

There is absolutely no way a stock mav pro could do that.

Today. 14 KM are possible very easy. View attachment 73179

I use dual 3S 1300 ma LiPos on my MP1 with the MAXX UAV battery adapter and their dual battery mount. The mod typically adds maybe 10-15 minutes of additional flight time for my mapping and survey flights.

View attachment 66950

View attachment 66951

Could you be so kind as to forward a list to me of everything you've bought? I am highly interested in this solution. I am new to this so I also need the charging station. So, I would need a verbose list of what is required and the procedure / sequence for startup, etc.
Please kindly email to phillip at phillipholmes.com

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty