DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs. DJI Mavic 2 Zoom - Comparison & Thoughts***

DJI Mavic 2 Pro or DJI Mavic 2 Zoom?

• Total voters
And I think that dolly zoom trick will get old REAL quick. No one wants to see that used too often. Throw in a bunch of zoom in outs and your video screams amateur.

Reactions: Jonesy22
I posted this question before but to the wrong forum. I am curious to know if there is a capability for a digital zoom on the M2Pro. I like the idea of zooming for aerial surveillance purposes but can handle final zooming in post-processing. Maybe something like just blowing up the screen view?

I posted this question before but to the wrong forum. I am curious to know if there is a capability for a digital zoom on the M2Pro. I like the idea of zooming for aerial surveillance purposes but can handle final zooming in post-processing. Maybe something like just blowing up the screen view?
Yes, so long as you're shooting lower resolution than 4K.

I think many people are only judging based on specs and not real quality.
I have both the M2Zoom and M2Pro. Both are great.
Prefer the video on the Zoom (the colors on the M2P dont look natural to me, always have to colorgrade).
The photos are great on both. Maybe a little better on the M2Pro.
The Zoom has a nice superresolution feature that lets you take 48MP photos.

Here is one I just took using the Zoom.

View attachment 64828

Attachments

• PanoramicaC1.JPG
    9 MB · Views: 18
  • Vale_das_flores_2.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Prefer the video on the Zoom (the color on the M2P dont look natural to me, always have to colorgrade).
The photos are great on both.

Here is one I just took.
View attachment 64828

Nice photo. I'll just say that, to me, the Mavic 2 Pro takes far, far better photos.

Prefer the video on the Zoom (the color on the M2P dont look natural to me, always have to colorgrade).
The photos are great on both.

Here is one I just took.
View attachment 64828
In my eyes, somethings is wrong with that photo. If you zoom in, everything looks like its painted rather than photographed.

you can put the pro camera on a zoom and vise-versa.
if you are thinking about doing that, having both cameras.
you should buy the pro then buy the zoom camera by itself.
the zoom camera is about $350 or so and the pro camera is like $650.
I have a zoom and am looking for a pro camera....but $650 hurts, $350 is right on the limit...

It comes close to the same thing.
Pro retail is $1729
Zoom retail is $1439
Price difference $290

Price difference between replacement cameras: $300

Pro kit plus Zoom camera: $2079
Zoom kit plus pro camera: $2089

Reactions: SkyDogII
I got my m2z for a whole lot less than that price you mentioned I paid a little over 1700 for it with 3 batteries and a hard case. and white DJI goggles and soft case. Plus tax and shipping.

Three months ago, after I received the money from my auto accident’s law suite settlement.

I believe DJI had raised their prices since then. Part of the reason was tariffs.

$1700 seems rather low for M2Z and white goggles alone. Then there's the extra 2 batteries which would add $260 minimum but closer to $300. Does your M2Z have an S or P in its serial number? If so, it probably was a refurb.

But using retail prices was for a baseline. We're only looking at differential between M2Z + P camera vs M2P + Z camera.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada