DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC 3 CLASSIC - NOVEMBER 2ND 2022

If by "available" you mean "able to able to be ordered," yes. They tend to be pre-orders, with a specific future shipping date. Retail stores often have them available in store on the date of shipping release.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm torn.

I can buy a regular Mavic 3 to someone who didn't use it at all. It's brand new, with all the stickers on and 2 years of warranty. I can get it at an outstanding price of 900 dollars but I must travel 1000 kilometers round trip to buy it without being sure that it's not a scam.

Or I can get a brand new Mavic 3 Classic with the DJI RC.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm torn.

I can buy a regular Mavic 3 to someone who didn't use it at all. It's brand new, with all the stickers on and 2 years of warranty. I can get it at an outstanding price of 900 dollars but I must travel 1000 kilometers round trip to buy it without being sure that it's not a scam.

Or I can get a brand new Mavic 3 Classic with the DJI RC.
I'd opt for the road trip! You'll be saving $1300 and getting a far better drone! Worst case, you'll be out the gas and time, if it is a scam. Bring along a friend, and a weapon!

Reactions: Droniac
Where is this that you have to do a road trip?

Do you have COD available?

Or eBay?

Long way to go with no guarantee of a deal.

I'd opt for the road trip! You'll be saving $1300 and getting a far better drone! Worst case, you'll be out the gas and time, if it is a scam. Bring along a friend, and a weapon!

I think the same but how to be sure that the drone doesn't have an hidden problem? That's my biggest concern.

Where is this that you have to do a road trip?

Do you have COD available?

Or eBay?

Long way to go with no guarantee of a deal.

It's not in the US but here in Europe and the drone is sold on a Classifieds website

I think the same but how to be sure that the drone doesn't have an hidden problem? That's my biggest concern.
Talk to the seller extensively on the phone first, asking lots of questions, to get a feel for their honesty and integrity. When you buy a used drone, you are really buying the seller and their story. As to hidden problems, if it truly has DJI Care on it, and you can verify that with DJI that it is transferable to you, that is an insurance policy for replacement if there are any problems. It's not a warranty, but an insurance policy covering any damage, after you pay the minor deductible.

Talk to the seller extensively on the phone first, asking lots of questions, to get a feel for their honesty and integrity. When you buy a used drone, you are really buying the seller and their story. As to hidden problems, if it truly has DJI Care on it, and you can verify that with DJI that it is transferable to you, that is an insurance policy for replacement if there are any problems. It's not a warranty, but an insurance policy covering any damage, after you pay the minor deductible.
Yes I will certainly call him.

The drone doesn't have DJI Care but the regular warranty. In case I need to send it back for repair, is it going to be problematic if the drone is not under my name and if the address is not the right one?

The owner claims that the drone has never been activated and has never flown. Is there a way to verify that?

Thank you

Last edited:
Yrs I will certainly call him.

The drone doesn't have DJI Care but the regular warranty. In case I need to send it back for repair, is it going to be problematic if the drone is not under my name and if the address is not the right one?

The owner claims that the drone has never been activated and has never flown. Is there a way to verify that?

Thank you
More importantly, if that is all true, you can still buy DJI Care for it within 48 hours of activation, and activate it under your name in front of him over the internet. Proof of purchase of the drone is not part of DJI Care, and as long as he gives you his receipt for it, who purchased it and which address it was delivered to should be irrelevant to the warranty, which is applies to the person actually activating it.

It sounds suspicious, as why is he selling it for $900 unactivated when he likely paid $2200 for it, if he bought it from a legitimate source That's where the phone call comes in. What's the story behind his motivation for selling it so cheaply, if it isn't stolen, and didn't "fall off the back" of a delivery truck?

Proof of purchase of the drone is not part of DJI Care, and as long as he gives you his receipt for it, who purchased it and which address it was delivered to should be irrelevant to the warranty, which is applies to the person actually activating it.

But what if I have to send back the drone for a problem that is supposed to be covered by the regular warranty and not the DJI Care? No problem with the address?

It sounds suspicious, as why is he selling it for $900 unactivated when he likely paid $2200 for it, if he bought it from a legitimate source That's where the phone call comes in. What's the story behind his motivation for selling it so cheaply, if it isn't stolen, and didn't "fall off the back" of a delivery truck?

Yeah it sounds suspicious to me too but the guy is ready to meet to let me see the drone before buying it and he sent me the invoice so I don't think it's a ghost ad or a stolen drone.

It seems that second hand Mavic 3s are hard to sell here. I have seen many ads from people offering that drone at an interesting price but they are still online. Maybe that the guy just wanted to sell it quickly.

My fear is to discover an hidden problem after the purchase. I asked for his number. Let's see what will happen.

Last edited:
The price has been leaked.https://twitter.com/JasperEllens/status/1587162522054021123?cxt=HHwWhsC-_fL53YYsAAAA

Attachments

• Fga75nTXwAIiYDR.jpg
    Fga75nTXwAIiYDR.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
How do those prices compare to the base Mavic 3 in Europe?

Because in the US it's $2049, which is less than €2100

The EU prices include VAT, which is like 15-20%.

US sales tax is around 8-10% depending on the state.

The EU prices include VAT, which is like 15-20%.

US sales tax is around 8-10% depending on the state.
So MSRP prices in the U.S. should be 83% of the posted prices, assuming they include 20% VAT, which is the average VAT in Europe, since the current Euro exchange rate is within 1% of the dollar.

M3C+DJI RC= 1749 ===> $1450
M3C+RC-N1= 1599 ===> $1325
M3C+No RC= 1499 ===> $1250

M3 + RC-N1= $2050
M3C+RC-N1= $1250 saving $800 without the 7x telephoto camera.

If the above numbers and assumptions are accurate
, that's cheaper than expected!

But what if I have to send back the drone for a problem that is supposed to be covered by the regular warranty and not the DJI Care? No problem with the address?

Yeah it sounds suspicious to me too but the guy is ready to meet to let me see the drone before buying it and he sent me the invoice so I don't think it's a ghost ad or a stolen drone.

It seems that second hand Mavic 3s are hard to sell here. I have seen many ads from people offering that drone at an interesting price but they are still online. Maybe that the guy just wanted to sell it quickly.

My fear is to discover an hidden problem after the purchase. I asked for his number. Let's see what will happen.
Activating starts the regular warranty. Address will be yours, but address is also irrelevant. People move.

Sounds much more promising with an invoice. If others are having a hard time selling, too, then better for you, lending more credibility to his offering!

Any hidden problems will be completely covered by the warranty in your name after activation. Buy DJI Care within 48 hours of activation to cover any issues not covered by the DJI warranty.

So MSRP prices in the U.S. should be 83% of the posted prices, assuming they include 20% VAT, which is the average VAT in Europe, since the current Euro exchange rate is within 1% of the dollar.

M3C+DJI RC= 1749 ===> $1450
M3C+RC-N1= 1599 ===> $1325
M3C+No RC= 1499 ===> $1250

M3 + RC-N1= $2050
M3C+RC-N1= $1250 saving $800 without the 7x telephoto camera.

If the above numbers and assumptions are accurate
, that's cheaper than expected!
On the chinese app Xianyu (闲鱼 - for second hand and particular shops) there are already 2 shops that give a price for M3C, this type of shop, since they are not official, might include a 10-20 usd discount.

M3C+DJI RC= ¥11600 ===> $1600
M3C+RC-N1= ¥9800 ===> $1350
M3C+No RC= not offered yet

M3 +RC-N1= ¥12880 ===> $1770
M3C+RC-N1= ¥9800 ===> $1350 saving $420 without the 7x telephoto camera.

It is surprising how the current price for the original Mavic 3 is way lower in China than in the US, 280$ cheaper. Actually it was released at 13880, but 6 months after release, the official price was lowered to 12880.

For reference, these are the official Mini 3 Pro prices in China
M3P+DJI RC= ¥5790 ===> $800
M3P+RC-N1= ¥4790 ===> $660
M3P+No RC= ¥4180 ===> $580

And Air 2S
A2S+RC-N1= ¥6500 ===> $900

Last edited:
On the chinese app Xianyu (闲鱼 - for second hand and particular shops) there are already 2 shops that give a price for M3C, this type of shop, since they are not official, might include a 10-20 usd discount.

M3C+DJI RC= ¥11600 ===> $1600
M3C+RC-N1= ¥9800 ===> $1350
M3C+No RC= not offered yet

M3 +RC-N1= ¥12880 ===> $1770
M3C+RC-N1= ¥9800 ===> $1350 saving $420 without the 7x telephoto camera.

It is surprising how the current price for the original Mavic 3 is way lower in China than in the US, 280$ cheaper. Actually it was released at 13880, but 6 months after release, the official price was lowered to 12880.

For reference, these are the official Mini 3 Pro prices in China
M3P+DJI RC= ¥5790 ===> $800
M3P+RC-N1= ¥4790 ===> $660
M3P+No RC= ¥4180 ===> $580

And Air 2S
A2S+RC-N1= ¥6500 ===> $900
A $420 savings, rather than $800, for losing the 7x telephoto seems far more likely!
My thought is that DJI will make up most of the difference by selling it bundled with the more expensive DJ RC, instead of the cheaper RC-N1 that the Mavic 3 comes with. Smart!

Currency conversion is 7.3 to 1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jose Molina