DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC 3 CLASSIC - NOVEMBER 2ND 2022

It's a better deal in Euros because it includes VAT.

In the US, we have to pay 9-10% on top of those dollar prices for sales tax.
I think it's the first time a DJI product is cheaper in Europe than in the US

$1,599 is a great price for this bird. That said, I have grow very fond of the 28x zoom on my original Mavic 3. I used it yesterday to spot a missing calf in some heavy brush on our farm!
For $1750, one can already buy a refurbished Mavic 3 with the 7x telephoto.
Much better value!

One other differentiator: Mavic 3 Classic has no gimbal lock.

What differentiates Mavic 3 Classic, and Mavic 3?

Mavic 3 Classic has one 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad camera, and the gimbal does not support gimbal lock.

Mavic 3 has two cameras: in addition to a Hasselblad camera, it has a 162mm tele camera, and supports gimbal lock to protect the gimbal.

please correct me if I'm making any bad assumptions:

after reading thru about 37 'semi-guesses' on the M3C price, it appears the price for the drone + 1 battery is $1469. But that price does not supply a charger. However, DJI is selling the M3C + charger + RC-N1 for $1599

meanwhile, the Mavic 3 + RC-N1 + charger is $2049. That's $580 more. So, for an extra $580 you get the 7X zoom + Charger + an (unwanted?) RC-N1

makes me wish for a M3 version without the RC-N1....

* but wait!! DroneNerds is selling a refurbished-by-DJI Mavic 3 + battery + 65W charger + RC-N1 for $1749. So then, if you're willing to 'settle' for refurbished rather than new, you can get the Mavic 3 + 7X zoom + charger for $280 more than the M3 Classic. Less than $300

so then, if I want to make an apples-to-apples comparison in my own mind (RC-N1 on both sides of the equation) while adding 2 extra batteries, AND while being willing to accept refurbished rather than new, that gives me

* $2017 - Mavic 3 Classic (+65W charger + RC-N1 + accessories) = $1599 + 2 extra batteries = $418. Purchased new at DJI

* $2167 - Mavic 3 (+65W charger + RC-N1 + accessories) = $1749 + 2 extra batteries = $418. Purchased refurbished at DroneNerds

so then in an all-things-being-equal (ignoring new vs refurbished) gauge, I can get the Mavic 3 WITH the 7X zoom for only $150 more than the Mavic 3 without the zoom. But yeah, refurbished vs new has to be a factor. And I apologize if it seems I'm schilling for DroneNerds, but they are a good representative of the refurbished market

But, If I'm ok with refurbished...why would I buy the M3 Classic?

and again, tell me if I'm making any bad assumptions

Reactions: GadgetGuy
M3C without controller must be for people with M3 who want a spare aircraft?

Do they sell M3 without controller or with the RC controllers? I don't mean the M3 Cinema.

M3C without controller must be for people with M3 who want a spare aircraft?

Do they sell M3 without controller or with the RC controllers? I don't mean the M3 Cinema.

The Mini 3 Pro, I believe, is the first one they sold without a controller. Enough people have complained about not needing a controller, they finally listened. At least that is my takeaway.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Can you now save RAW from the telephoto in the M3?

Can you do things like make panos with the telephoto?

Trying to gauge how useful they've made it with firmware updates.

It's not fair to compare new with refurbished as the latter is always going to work out cheaper and in time the classic will be available refurbished as well at a lower price likely maintaining a similar price difference.

Can you now save RAW from the telephoto in the M3?

Can you do things like make panos with the telephoto?

Trying to gauge how useful they've made it with firmware updates.
They've added raw and some other features to the telephoto lens but I don't recall them adding a panorama mode but I don't pay particularly close attention - the release notes for that update are here:

please correct me if I'm making any bad assumptions:

after reading thru about 37 'semi-guesses' on the M3C price, it appears the price for the drone + 1 battery is $1469. But that price does not supply a charger. However, DJI is selling the M3C + charger + RC-N1 for $1599

meanwhile, the Mavic 3 + RC-N1 + charger is $2049. That's $580 more. So, for an extra $580 you get the 7X zoom + Charger + an (unwanted?) RC-N1

makes me wish for a M3 version without the RC-N1....

* but wait!! DroneNerds is selling a refurbished-by-DJI Mavic 3 + battery + 65W charger + RC-N1 for $1749. So then, if you're willing to 'settle' for refurbished rather than new, you can get the Mavic 3 + 7X zoom + charger for $280 more than the M3 Classic. Less than $300

so then, if I want to make an apples-to-apples comparison in my own mind (RC-N1 on both sides of the equation) while adding 2 extra batteries, AND while being willing to accept refurbished rather than new, that gives me

* $2017 - Mavic 3 Classic (+65W charger + RC-N1 + accessories) = $1599 + 2 extra batteries = $418. Purchased new at DJI

* $2167 - Mavic 3 (+65W charger + RC-N1 + accessories) = $1749 + 2 extra batteries = $418. Purchased refurbished at DroneNerds

so then in an all-things-being-equal (ignoring new vs refurbished) gauge, I can get the Mavic 3 WITH the 7X zoom for only $150 more than the Mavic 3 without the zoom. But yeah, refurbished vs new has to be a factor. And I apologize if it seems I'm schilling for DroneNerds, but they are a good representative of the refurbished market

DJI refurbished is good as new imo. You can even get care refresh if you want.

You guys talking about refreshed by DJI or by some other website?

Do the refurbs have any kind of warranty?

I think once the CE Mark laws are set, DJI will probably have new set of drones which are certified out of the box.

The M3 appears to be certified by firmware update, the M3C presumably will be as well.

But by the time those C1 CE Marks are required in the EU, it will be another year and DJI could certainly put out a better drone, with newer sensor and SOC.

You guys talking about refreshed by DJI or by some other website?

Do the refurbs have any kind of warranty?

I think once the CE Mark laws are set, DJI will probably have new set of drones which are certified out of the box.

The M3 appears to be certified by firmware update, the M3C presumably will be as well.

But by the time those C1 CE Marks are required in the EU, it will be another year and DJI could certainly put out a better drone, with newer sensor and SOC.
They are refurbished by DJI and come with the same 1 year warranty and ability to add Care Refresh. They're not always available, but as mentioned before Drone Nerds has them in stock. And, if you contact them, and depending where you live they can sell it to you tax free. DJI Mavic 3 | 20MP Hasselblad Camera | 46 Minute Flight Time (DJI Refurbished)

It's not fair to compare new with refurbished as the latter is always going to work out cheaper and in time the classic will be available refurbished as well at a lower price likely maintaining a similar price difference.

it is completely fair as I can't exist in the current time and a future time, at the same time. If somebody is considering buying a drone now (like I am) they absolutely need to gauge the difference in price point between new and refurbished. If they are thinking about maybe buying a drone 17 months in the future they won't be paying much attention to prices

beside that, 17 months from now the price of a refurbished Mavic 3 will be lower too

For $1750, one can already buy a refurbished Mavic 3 with the 7x telephoto.
Much better value!
that's what I was trying to point out in my TLDR post. An apples-to-apples price comparison of refurbished vs new resulted in being able to purchase the Mavic 3, with the 7X zoom, for $150 more than the M3C. If you're ok with refurbished from a reliable online vendor like DroneNerds, that's a fairly easy decision

and if you want to compare the cost of two extra batteries, it's still the same $150 difference

furthermore they have a Mavic 3 FMC that is $541 more, but that includes the 7X zoom, gimbal lock, charging hub, ND Filter kit (set of 4), and carry case

I didn't get the DJI Care warranty for my M2P.

Instead I relied on a doubling of the manufacturer's warranty from my credit card but I haven't needed to use any warranty.

I don't know if my credit cards would extend warranties on refurbs though.

that's what I was trying to point out in my TLDR post. An apples-to-apples price comparison of refurbished vs new resulted in being able to purchase the Mavic 3, with the 7X zoom, for $150 more than the M3C. If you're ok with refurbished from a reliable online vendor like DroneNerds, that's a fairly easy decision

and if you want to compare the cost of two extra batteries, it's still the same $150 difference

furthermore they have a Mavic 3 FMC that is $541 more, but that includes the 7X zoom, gimbal lock, charging hub, ND Filter kit (set of 4), and carry case
A brand new Mavic 3 with the RC-N1 is currently $2050.
The Mavic 3 Classic with the RC-N1 is $1599.
That's only a $450 difference for the venerable 7x telephoto and a gimbal lock.
However, that $450 can be reduced to only $150 by buying the refurbished Mavic 3 for $1750.
I can't see the real benefit of the Mavic 3 Classic.
You still need to spend $500 more for two more batteries and a hub!
You still need a $1200 RC Pro to get the most out of either Mavic 3.
So, by the time you add $1700 to the $1599 price, at $3300 total for the Classic, what's another $150 or $450 to get the full Mavic 3 with the 7x telephoto?
It's only a savings of 5% to 7%, depending upon new or refurbished.
Buy the Mavic 3. The Classic is a red herring. It isn't a better deal, and the marginal savings in price is nothing compared to what you are giving up!

Mavic 3 Flymore Kit is now sold separately for $650, with the same backpack that no one wants . Add that to whatever Classic configuration you choose and you'll see you aren't saving anything because you are once again paying for a "$300” backpack you'll never use!

Buy your extra batteries ($209 ea) and charging hub ($89) a la carte and some extra props and save $150!
641233FB-B88D-4694-A4D8-4984CDD0880F.jpeg

Reactions: Cosmo0g
DJI refurbished is good as new imo. You can even get care refresh if you want.
Absolutely! It's actually better, because each refurbished unit has been individually bench tested, instead of random sample checks off the assembly line on new drones! Great savings! Only downside is limited availability, or no availability at release!

Reactions: Cosmo0g
I think it's the first time a DJI product is cheaper in Europe than in the US
I was a bit puzzled by that and wondering if I was going wrong with the conversion somewhere, the lack of tax on the US price while it's mandatory in EU prices usually makes the latter look unfair when it isn't.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot