DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC 3 CLASSIC - NOVEMBER 2ND 2022

The FMC isn't good I thought because of that overpriced bag.

Weren't people making their own FMC without the bag and found they saved a couple hundred?

• Haha
Reactions: Droniac
If ordering a Pre order from DJI, do they take money on the day or when it’s dispatched?

Hmm. I would like a no RC model with a second battery. That would cover me.

• DJI Mavic 3 Classic + DJI RC is 1,749 EUR/$1,749
  • DJI Mavic 3 Classic + RC-N1 is 1,599 EUR/$1,599
  • DJI Mavic 3 Classic + No RC is 1,449 EUR/$1,449
  • ND filter set (8/16/32/64 ) is 120 EUR/$120
Multiply EUR by .99 for conversion to USD.
So those EUR prices are the dollar prices!

DJI Mavic 3 Original + RC-N1 is $2050
- DJI Mavic 3 Classic + RC-N1 is $1599
Value of missing 7x Telephoto: $450

Price being paid for the DJI RC is $300 (saves $9)
Price being paid for the RC-N1 is $150

Saving only $450 to give up the 7x telephoto doesn't seem like a better value to me!
You can't add it on later, and everyone who has used the 7x telephoto on the Mavic 3 now sees the value in it.

If you already have a DJI RC or the RC Pro, buy the original Mavic 3 instead for $450 more at $2050. You won't regret it!

Saving only $450 to give up the 7x telephoto doesn't seem like a better value to me!
You can't add it on later, and everyone who has used the 7x telephoto on the Mavic 3 now sees the value in it.

If you already have a DJI RC or the RC Pro, buy the original Mavic 3 instead for $450 more at $2050. You won't regret it!
The price is high. I guess they want to leave room for the Air 3 but at this price point, better buy a regular Mavic 3.

By the way, when the euro was strong, DJI didn't bother with the conversion and the price in dollars was equivalent to the price in euros because we are considered as cash cows in Europe. I guess it hasn't changed.

We'll know shortly, but I think you're right on the pricing. I already have a RC Pro, so the better deal for me is to buy the original M3 refurbished from DJI for $1,750. Or, just wait till they have refurbished M3C's which is what I'm more likely to do since my A2S is still fine for my needs.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Fly More Kit doesn't even come with any Lens....!!!!

£1529 c/w RC
£529 Fly Mire Kit
£229 Care Reresh
£100 Lens costs (estimate)

Urghhhh, I might just wait till summer next year, when the weather improves.

Last edited:
What I find funny is that the Mavic 3 is £1729 and the Classic is £1309, like, what?! An extra £420 (Nice) for a zoom in camera, surely it cannot be worth that much! Unbelievable. I did a comparison on their website... guess what? EXACTLY the same specifications.

It's a tempting offer for the 4/3 inch sensor quality (with the gimmicky tele lens) but with the Mini 3 Pro (running FCC hack) I now own for half a year, I won't go for the extra few % of it and considering the weight restrictions I now so comfortably can avoid under EU/UK regulation < 250 g.

Okay, one battery is 199 Euro, the FMK is 599 Euro ... thank you, but no, thank you. :oops:

If ordering a Pre order from DJI, do they take money on the day or when it’s dispatched?
From my experience with the Mini 3 Pro, they charge you swiftly after ordering.

Last edited:
What I find funny is that the Mavic 3 is £1729 and the Classic is £1309, like, what?! An extra £420 (Nice) for a zoom in camera, surely it cannot be worth that much! Unbelievable. I did a comparison on their website... guess what? EXACTLY the same specifications.
The £1309 price for the Mavic 3 Classic doesn't include controller whereas the £1729 price for the original Mavic 3 does, the M3 Classic with the controller is £1399 so it's £330 extra for the zoom lens. It's still a lot of money for what it is (the body is the same for both) but DJI may be wanting to be a bit more aggressive on the pricing.

I didn't read through 4 pages of replies, but here are the cost options...
I haven't yet read the details, but wonder what, in addition to the 7x lens, was stripped out of the M3 Classic?

It's good to see that one could use a RCN1 or DJIRC controller. For me, with the extennded flight time of the M3 I could buy a M3 ala carte and one extra battery. There would be very little else that I'd have to buy to move to the M3 Classic.

Unfortunately the DJI Fly app is now the du jour app for all their current drones. But as least there are some options that weren't avaiilable before. If one still wanted the 7x lens could you buy the M3 standard version ala carte without a controller?

In any event, it's premature for me to buy another drone at least until spring. With winter setting in my drones won't see the same flight time, so I'll just save up my money for now and reevaluate in April or so.

1667403934501.png

The price is high. I guess they want to leave room for the Air 3 but at this price point, better buy a regular Mavic 3.

By the way, when the euro was strong, DJI didn't bother with the conversion and the price in dollars was equivalent to the price in euros because we are considered as cash cows in Europe. I guess it hasn't changed.
It's a better deal in Euros because it includes VAT.

In the US, we have to pay 9-10% on top of those dollar prices for sales tax.

Prices Updated after Best Buy and DJI Pricing Released:

Only changes are the
  • DJI Mavic 3 Classic + No RC is 1,449 EUR/$1,469 ($20 more)
Price being paid for the DJI RC is $280 (saves $29)
Price being paid for the RC-N1 is $130

Refurbished Mavic 3 Original with RC-N1 is still only $1750
Mavic 3 Classic with RC-N1 is..................................$1599
Net Cost of 7x Telephoto Lens Upgrade is:..................$151

Buy a refurbished Mavic 3 instead!

Last edited:
Well those of us who haven't jumped on M3, this release pricing doesn't change the equation enough, at least for me.

There's still uncertainly about compliance with CE Mark in Europe and other jurisdictions so time to decide may be after all those laws are set.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thin Slice