DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2

Polo48

Reactions
I am the owner of a DJI mini, I am happy with this drone BUT I hesitate to buy maybe the new DJI Mavic Air 2. Who can help me to take this decision, yes or no or maybe wait. What are the + and -?

I am the owner of a DJI mini, I am happy with this drone BUT I hesitate to buy maybe the new DJI Mavic Air 2. Who can help me to take this decision, yes or no or maybe wait. What are the + and -?
Hi, I would DEFINITELY BUY, (and recommend), the Mavic Air 2!!! This is my favorite drone out of all the ones I have. Buying this drone would be no bad mistake.

Plus
- Phenomenal Active Track (man is it good; best yet)
- High Speeds
- Advanced Gimbal Settings Included
- RTH is within inches when you CORRECTLY set the home point
- GREAT image quality
- Nice features e. x. quickshots, etc.
- great camera modes e.x. HDR, Smart etc
- Very durable, except the camera.
- Bottom Auxiliary Light
- MANY MORE!
Minus
- No waypoints
- controller can't hold an ipad (or mini) without a separate mount
- Settings are not as advanced, so the capabilities are a little short
- No side or top sensors
- Not so good in the cold (below 20)

Here is a simplified read on how to use the mavic air 2 and tips/tricks

Last edited:
Given your location keep in mind the consequences of moving to the Air 2 and whether you may need some certifications to fly it.

I think the new UK regs are fairly similar to the EU ones and I had to complete a course in order to fly the Air 2 near(er) to people. Great drone though.

It might be useful to tell us why you are thinking of upgrading.

I upgraded to the air2, there's so many more photo modes and automated flights modes, and then on top of that better resolution better range better wind resistance just better better better

Reactions: vjpapa
I started out with the Mini and quickly upgraded to the Air 2 and I'm selling the Mini. I also got a Mini 2 which is also a super drone. The Air 2 is much easier to see at more distance but I like the Mini 2 as it's under the 250 gram limit which lets me fly it in many more places. Here in Canada I can fly it just about anywhere and not quite as restricted as for the Air 2. Both are extremely good drones in my short experience.

Anyone here willing to share some images with me from the MA2 using Dronelink's 48mp mapping mode? I am trying to decide if its worth upgrading to from the Mini.

Anyone here willing to share some images with me from the MA2 using Dronelink's 48mp mapping mode? I am trying to decide if its worth upgrading to from the Mini.
Not sure what the dronelink thing is, but here is a video I took, is not color graded, sharpened, etc., by the mavic air 2. Keep in mind it is compressed, so it will be better when you create something in person.

Video -

48 MP Picture - The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661