DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air: Distance Test - 1.9 Miles (10,322ft)

Amckim2084

Reactions
Went out and did a distance test with my Mavic Air. Didn't break my record but still got some good distance and footage of the Midwest countryside. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice run bro. I think you could have made it back to your car, had you stayed on a straightforward path, but I get it rather safe than sorry. Great spot to do long range. I wish I had an area like that here in south bend, Ind. I just dream of long range, the think it would do wonders for my confidence as a remote pilot.happy flying and stay safe ty for the vids

Reactions: Amckim2084
Nice run bro. I think you could have made it back to your car, had you stayed on a straightforward path, but I get it rather safe than sorry. Great spot to do long range. I wish I had an area like that here in south bend, Ind. I just dream of long range, the think it would do wonders for my confidence as a remote pilot.happy flying and stay safe ty for the vids

Thanks man. I actually did make it back. I was at that big shed you see at the end.

Did you maintain VLOS during the entire flight?
Now Pete you know as I do as everyone else about what the answer to that is but the fact we have Guideline #15 which in it does state
Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the forum owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.
So we shall just leave it at that .

dc

After hearing so many complain about the air’s control strength I was surprised how well it was working at 2 miles . Very nice area to live by the looks of it

How did you get your telemetry in bottom lh corner? Thx

I screen recorded the flight replay on the GO app and then cropped it. I usually just screen record the phone during flight but I forgot so I had to use the replay.

Nice and peaceful !
At what battery percentage did it RTH and how much battery did you have on landing ?

Nice and peaceful !
At what battery percentage did it RTH and how much battery did you have on landing ?

It RTH on me at 54% and landed at 25%. I didn’t want to push it this time since I didn’t have a plan for emergency landing. Narrow roads and cows so didn’t want to risk it.

Last time though, I was in a different area and I cancelled RTH and pushed it to 15000ft. But I had a nice big open field for emergency landing which I had to do at 1000ft out lol.

Yes that's safer ! So it seems like you came back with the wind, never a bad idea ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes