DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air has been released (taking pre-orders now)

So whats the point of this drone if you already own a mavic?
Like usual, there are always new features to be had. Are they beneficial for you? Only you can decide.

Reactions: sir_ian
STILL f 2.2 ,that would have been the ONLY feature for me that is worth any upgrade. what a bunch of BS the only thing better is the sensors on the back. other than that its blahhh
ok well the fact that you can take the sticks off the controller is cool i will admit that. but 21 mins flight time just means more $ on batteries.

I think the "APAS" feature will surely help new pilots

Lol i just wish they would work on a new real mavic, bigger battery, better redesigned camera. I actually want a bigger drone, not smaller. Mavic is way to small as it is, these pocket drones just seem like going in the wrong direction. Its like an updated spark.

Here's the specs: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
I don't see any mention of Occusync, and they say Goggle resolution is 720p.

Cool! Just taken a look, thanks. Looks amazing! That being said, it’s not something I will be purchasing. This drone looks great for someone buying there first drone, can’t see too many Mavic Pro owners selling their bird and purchasing this and wouldn’t make too much sense to own both in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Mavic 57
I think the "APAS" feature will surely help new pilots

I think obstacle avoidance is still better as it will stop you flying in a certain direction, not let you keep flying until you crash

Sorry, this is a FOOLISH buy at $999 Fly More price point, wifi RC
are you kidding me???? New tech or not, this things price will drop like
a rock within 3-6 months. Pass.

+1 Still "wifi" and no OTG

Reactions: mtnstream
Good to see that Michael dressed up for the event. ;)

I think obstacle avoidance is still better as it will stop you flying in a certain direction, not let you keep flying until you crash
Let's face...there will always be those that are prone to crash ;)

Not ordering, waiting for Mavic 2.
Did not buy a Spark either. Going to spend £29 on correction lenses for my Goggles. My Mavic has its 1st birthday shortly.

So whats the point of this drone if you already own a mavic?

Sounds as though it's a touch smaller, and it also has better obstacle avoidance (including a rear sensor). I'd hope the software enhancements will trickle down as updates to the Pro; the other things won't merit an upgrade for me in the short term. Maybe later in the year ...

Significant step backwards in battery life is a downer.

Reactions: HydroneMantis
I'm jumping into cold water ... ordered ... :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr