DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air has been released (taking pre-orders now)

It has OTG...l

I really wanted one, but Wi-Fi?! It’s bloody awful on my Spark.

That’s the biggest complaint I have with the Spark [emoji35]. I might take the Spark back today and order the MA just because of the OTG cable. So far, I’m not impressed with the “Air” [emoji849]. Glad I have the Other 7 quads to play with in the meantime [emoji38]

That’s the biggest complaint I have with the Spark [emoji35]. I might take the Spark back today and order the MA just because of the OTG cable. So far, I’m not impressed with the “Air” [emoji849]
Great idea

Anyone know if it uses same batteries as the Pro?
The Mavic Air batteries are a brand new design. You can see them in the DJI Store here.

Wish they had priced it lower (it is the price of a mavic pro). Also not impressed with wifi only.

I am happy with my mavic pro. Will wait for mavic pro 2.

Reactions: Neebles
I wanted to love the Mavic Air offering , but as others have mentioned the only advancements like APAS, rear obstacle sensing, smaller and lighter footprint , and a better protected and stabilized gimbal just are not enough of advancements to influence a purchase.
I kinda feel bad for those people who will be new drone flyers and not do enough research and purchase this instead of a Mavic Pro. When the Mavic Pro can be purchased for darn near the same price point.

WiFi kinda harshed my buzz as well. WiFi can stretch for 2.5 miles? Come on!

Its getting to be practically idiot proof though. I can envision a time where people walk up in large numbers when visiting a point of interest and pull a drone out of thier pocket and launch to take those stupid selfies. Thank goodness I wont live long enough to see it first hand

Waiting for Mavic 2 Pro with all of these advanced technology aspects built in +

will we see them falling from the sky soon?
That's how they mount in the Spark too. The Spark's batteries are very secure.

I just bought the Mavic Pro Alpine white color model 2 weeks ago. Very happy with it, though this new Air makes me wish id waited just a little longer

Does anyone have a link showing spec comparison side by side? Specifically of the cameras for both the Air and the Pro?

Two different birds, but the video lag and losing connections between the RC and monitor really sucks on the Spark [emoji298]️. I also had this exact problem with my Q5004K quad. Wireless connections are just not the way to go with RC’s. Too many disturbances around suburban areas [emoji17]. Hopefully the Air Does have OTG connection with included cables.

I just bought the Mavic Pro Alpine white color model 2 weeks ago. Very happy with it, though this new Air makes me wish id waited just a little longer

Does anyone have a link showing spec comparison side by side? Specifically of the cameras for both the Air and the Pro?
No need for "buyer's remorse" IMO the MP you bought is perfect

Batteries mount up from the bottom.....will we see them falling from the sky soon?
They snap in with dual interlocks so thats not a huge concern unless a really hard crash happens. Which DJI would have you believe is next to impossible with its object avoidance in nearly all directions and APAS system that autonomously routes you around and over objects the Mavic Air encounters.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones