DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air has been released (taking pre-orders now)

Flight time at 21 minutes at a constant 25 kmh with no wind , translates into around 15 min in real world conditions allowing for buffers

I'm glad I bought the Black Air...I just read that it's more reliable than the other colors.
Perhaps you bought the wrong color then. Everyone knows red cars are the fastest...

Carrying case looks nice. Props would snag on your pocket, as Michael unwittingly demonstrated.

The point for me is making me excited for the capabilities and gestures they will have to include to make Mavic owners buy the Mavic 2.

I suspect they will just squeeze the Phantom camera into the MPP , just as they did here with the MP camera into the MA

Perhaps you bought the wrong color then. Everyone knows red cars are the fastest...
...and attract the most attention from the authorities.

Reactions: dvarapala
The Adventure just refolded for me. The atheistic could have been much better as well. It looks blocky like the spark and should have been elongated in the front and more of a stretched wedge like shape that slices into heavy winds and allows one to get back though those headwinds.

DJI needs to hire at least one Italian Car designer. :)

Reactions: RolandW
IMO, they’re the most secure batteries I’ve seen on any quad (on the Spark). The springs are heavy duty[emoji15]

Sounds like you haven't been on the DJI Spark forum , a number of people have lost batteries in flight and they are saying the batteries clips are a design issue.

I have never see or heard of anyone loosing a MP or MPP battery in flight

Anyone know if it uses same batteries as the Pro?

no its a new battery, but what has me thinking is dji moving all future products to LiCoO2 batteries and how this may effect users that wish to battery mod anything else in future..

The price point I feel is about $150 to $200 too high. I sold my Phantom 2 setup last summer and have been out of the drone game for about 6 months. I need something more compact than the Phantom form factor. The Spark didn't cut it for me. I have almost clicked "buy" on the Mavic Pro so many times in recent months only to know in my mind that something new would be coming. I like what I see in the Air for my needs, but I just feel that at $800 it is just too close to what I could buy a Mavic Pro for. I think I will sit back and keep waiting. My gut tells me that in 3-4 months the price on the Air drops by at least $100 and both barely used Air and Mavic Pro's will be a dime a dozen for sale all over the place once the Pro 2 and EVO are released.

Last edited:
Reactions: BD0G
...and attract the most attention from the authorities.

Heck, DJI seems to think everyone will be flying in Patagonia so the Authorities will not be within 100's of miles. Plus with the new APAS system you will be able to fly right around the anchorites (there an obstacle -right?) and with a whopping top speed of 42.5 miles per hour and 21 minutes of flight time you can fly to a very remote area away from the Authorities. <you know I'm joking>

Dont get caught in the Mavic "sn-air" (snare)
snare
sner/
noun
  1. 1.
    a trap for catching birds or animals, typically one having a noose of wire or cord.
    synonyms: trap, gin, net, noose
    "the hare was caught in a snare"

Reactions: RolandW
Three axis gimbal, a real USB socket on the remote and rear sensors got my money - so hopefully my crystal sky will plug straight into it rather than having to fanny around with adaptor cables and a flakey connection. These were the only three things which niggled me about my spark.

I've gone for black too.

Reactions: mfc
I'm holding out for a Mavic Pro 2. If they can squeeze Phantom 4 Pro specs into a Mavic Pro form factor... that would be perfection. I'd love to get a Phantom 4 pro, but I LOVE the smaller foldable design that fits in my gear bag when I go out and do shoots (pic similar to my setup). Otherwise, you basically need a second backpack for just the drone which sucks. Mavic Air would still fit and even afford more space in my bag, but the specs just aren't that exciting. Do I still want one? Well... of course. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was on the pre-order page having arguments with myself as to why I don't NEED this. :( lol;)
81bZvMMkOtL._SL1440_.jpg

a great comparison video of the spark, mavic pro and the new mavic air up on youtube already here:

Not impressed, sure more sensors, but not at this price point. It’s smaller, doesn’t have as much range, and it’s not as fast. Not to mention the fact that there is no occusync. I did like the two new quick shot modes. But those will inevitably be added in a later update to the mavic just like they did with the spark. I will say that one of the main reasons I haven’t purchased a spark and probably won’t get an Air... the remote, I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable if it would even display some basic telemetry data. I have had a few instances where I lost the video and data feed mid flight and the saving grace was was the ability to have that backup of the remotes lcd screen.

Reactions: erkme73
Not impressed, sure more sensors, but not at this price point. It’s smaller, doesn’t have as much range, and it’s not as fast. Not to mention the fact that there is no occusync. I did like the two new quick shot modes. But those will inevitably be added in a later update to the mavic just like they did with the spark. I will say that one of the main reasons I haven’t purchased a spark and probably won’t get an Air... the remote, I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable if it would even display some basic telemetry data. I have had a few instances where I lost the video and data feed mid flight and the saving grace was was the ability to have that backup of the remotes lcd screen.

The one thing you got wrong is that the Air, in sport mode, is faster than the pro, in sport mode.

I would feel a heck of a lot more comfortable if it would even display some basic telemetry data. I have had a few instances where I lost the video and data feed mid flight and the saving grace was was the ability to have that backup of the remotes lcd screen.
Yes, thinking the same thing. What exactly does the MA controller show?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun