DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air Remote NIGHTMARE

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
All the time I am flying my Mavic air it randomly yaws to the left. This is obviously not safe and has almost caused me to crash several times. I have a big photography project coming up so I will need to use this drone as I have no other alternatives. I know that it’s something wrong with the remote because when I flew it with WiFi using my phone without the controller it worked fine. I tried calibrating everything and I still have no luck.

This is common & typical and indicate that it's time to clean the internal contact surfaces on the sticks... have had the same ghost commands on my Mavic Air 1 and have now cleaned the sticks twice with a couple years in between to restore everything.

A calibration will not solve this alone... but the calibration screen will show the ghost inputs when you apply for instance a command for ascending or descending... another axis, in your case the yaw will be wrongly applied also.

It's a bit fiddly... but follow below clip & take your time. When cleaned everything will be back to normal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does it hover in place,props ok ,presume that everything means rc stick calibration included

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney