DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Mini leaked - i guess we will get a drone in 2019 after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like it really is going to be the Mavic Mini:

I guess Rachel was right and it wasn't fake news after all.

Ok, So now I am waiting for new leaked images besides the ones currently! I be searching! LOL! ;)
Who will be the first to post them? @msinger :p

Reactions: msinger
In examining FCC filings it appears that the US version, if released, will only work in the 5.725-5.850 GHz band unless other approvals are acquired:

Subject: FCC ID: SS3-MT1SS51905 declaration of frequency bands restriction

Dear Sir or Madam, We, SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD, hereby declare that our product Mavic Mini, Model Number: MT1SS5 have the ability to work in 2.4G and 5G 4 frequency bands: 5150~5250MHz, 5250~5350MHz, 5470~5725MHz, 5725~5850MHz.

For the purpose of marketing, the frequency of the product sold in U.S. are programmed and locked to work only in 5725~5850MHz. The other frequency bands 2.4G and 5150~5250MHz, 5250~5350MHz, 5470~5725MHz are disabled by firmware in factory.

The end user or any other parties can not have the capability to activate the other frequency bands. We applied for testing frequency bands: 5745~5825MHz and 5755-5795MHz for the United States this time in BACL.

Same frequency info declaration filed for the Mini Remote (MR1SS5) FCC label (as opposed to the Chinese spelling ‘lable’ lol):

28bf29c3b45a792842d44043d693acbd.jpg

1f6b956fb718b9941bb31635e60af7b7.jpg

The unit submitted for test had 5 channels available for 5/20MHz mode and only 2 for 40MHz mode...

The Mini remote as tested has 2 antennas, but only operates in SISO (single in, single out) mode so that means dedicated TX and RX antennas.

All the info above came from the FCC filings database...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bods
If DJI announce the Mavic Mini on Monday 13th October event, will they discuss optional wifi controller & pricing?
DJI always reveals the prices on the day new products are announced.

I don't think we're going to see the Mavic Mini on October 13th though. The events for new consumer drone releases are almost always publicly announced ahead of time and posted for all to see on DJI's website as the event nears.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I don't think we're going to see the Mavic Mini on October 13th though.
I don't either. I would think the release of Skydio 2 has made DJI pause and rethink this release . . . They would have to be concerned at the price point in which the MM would be released.

I'm not biting the hype. I have the M2P..why would I need a smaller version of it with the same features, worse camera and less flight time...more portable you say, well we all pack them into some sort of backpack and end up being around the same size cargo. I rather spend more and get the Skydio 2 that actually does something different than what I have.

& will the MM mini remote use the same shell ie. be the same size as Spark/Air/Mavic Pro/Mavic 2/Enterprise controllers??...
PS. the Skydio 2 video quality, autonomous flight mode/tracking & obstacle avoidance look awesome but a 15min flight time sux big time...
Based on my reading, the swappable battery in the Skydio 2 allows for an average flight time of about 23 minutes on a fully charged battery. Not 15

Since DJI don't sell the Spark on their website, it's pretty safe to say that they want it to be a replacement for the Spark and not so much a Mavic 2. And since it wouldn't need to be registered it looks like its geared more towards beginners who just want to fly without needing to file any paperwork. Since Skydio isn't really geared towards beginners or casual flyers I'm sure DJI doesn't give a care.

Actually the new Skydio could end up helping DJI sell more of the Mavic Minis because think about it, how many of us went directly as a beginner to buying a $1000 drone? It's an expensive hobby, and most people (including me) started with a smaller less expensive drone that I could take a for a test run and get a feel of how to fly before I bought a more professional one (which most of us end up doing). Heck that's what all the professional people on youtube tell us to do, right?

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
Since DJI don't sell the Spark on their website, it's pretty safe to say that they want it to be a replacement for the Spark and not so much a Mavic 2. And since it wouldn't need to be registered it looks like its geared more towards beginners who just want to fly without needing to file any paperwork. Since Skydio isn't really geared towards beginners or casual flyers I'm sure DJI doesn't give a care.

Actually the new Skydio could end up helping DJI sell more of the Mavic Minis because think about it, how many of us went directly as a beginner to buying a $1000 drone? It's an expensive hobby, and most people (including me) started with a smaller less expensive drone that I could take a for a test run and get a feel of how to fly before I bought a more professional one (which most of us end up doing). Heck that's what all the professional people on youtube tell us to do, right?
I think everyone starts with a low cost drone, even if it were a toy drone under $100, though there are probably exceptions of course, just to see if its something they want to own.. If they really like it, then they start looking at better quality drones with better features..

The Skydio 2 is aimed at Mavic owners. It is probably better than an Air perhaps, but maybe not as good maybe as a 2 or Pro, those comparisons will ultimately come out when piles of reviewers with Youtube channels get a Skydio 2 to start making those comparisons..

Until there is an actual announcement of the Mavic Mini, its impossible based on rumored specs, to really make an informed decisions on how good or so-so it might be. Until you get the initial marketing video of what it can perhaps do, like every other DJI Drone, and some reviews show up, its capabilities are just an interesting guess.

I believe DJI is really watching Skydio. They market it as a practically self-flying beginner drone with advanced capabilities right at $1000. "Spend a $1000 on this drone and it won't crash into things like those other "dumb drones". How can you lose? Oh and it does 4K60, has a great follow me mode with this beacon (add-on $), flies indoors, yada yada yada..." I think DJI is paying attention. Time will tell if Skydio can ramp up enough to cut into DJI sales but you don't stay at the top without keeping an eye on the competition. Those Skydio ads have been popping up all over my feeds.

Competition is good for us consumers. If DJI does release the info on the Mini soon will it be feature-rich or entry-level priced? I don't see it being both. Like you, I think it will be a Spark replacement. But just maybe Skywatcher2001 is right in his post above and it will give DJI pause. Hopefully, DJI will surprise us.

DJI probably has technology that they'll be sitting on for a long time till their competition (like the skydio) gets close to challenging them.

I'm personally waiting for the day that they put a small rearview camera on a Mavic instead of just a sensor so I can be sure I don't run into anything while flying backwards. ?

Arya it's the name of this Mavic mini.
As much as I hate to say this, but the Mavic Mini will not be called the ARYA. That info is false.
As per the FCC label.
5091A081-509F-4020-A88A-8A074527F0C1.jpeg
The release date has been confirmed for Wednesday October 30th in limited quantities.
Pricing approximately $350.00 with controller and around $450.00 for flymore.

The 13th October 2019 is a Sunday
DJI always reveals the prices on the day new products are announced.

I don't think we're going to see the Mavic Mini on October 13th though. The events for new consumer drone releases are almost always publicly announced ahead of time and posted for all to see on DJI's website as the event nears.

As much as I hate to say this, but the Mavic Mini will not be called the ARYA. That info is false.
As per the FCC label.
View attachment 83421
The release date has been confirmed for Wednesday October 30th in limited quantities.
Pricing approximately $350.00 with controller and around $450.00 for flymore.
Maybe they thought of the name ARYA on International Talk Like a Pirate Day? Get it? AR YA! ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman