DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mavic Pro 2. Any truth to this?

A few very nice upgrades listed on the new model. I like the reduced noise feature, noise wasn't something that concerned me in the past.

That said after owning a Mavic Pro I do now appreciate the fact it gets far less notice from bystanders in the flight area.

Increased battery time of 3 minutes nothing to make me sale my old Mavic and upgrade, but we will take the increase anyway since it's a small step in longer flight time

I really wish we would have seen a camera upgrade also on the new model though.

I guess next we need to see a Phantom 5 "mini"
A 50% reduced size phantom that's leaner,meaner and quieter with 35 minute flight time :)

Pretty darn close not worth upgrading for me. If I was buying a brand new Mavic I would spend the extra 100 bucks.

A improvement camera/gimbal would have been a deal maker for me to be upgrading. Current changes are to minor.

I would be more likely to buy a improved or reduced overall size/noise "Phantom 5 model" or a "Spark Pro" with Occusync wifi range and 3 minutes more battery life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adamcain112
Crap, ordered a FMC for my Dad a couple days ago (should be arriving tomorrow)

Wondering if I should just send it back to B&H and wait for the Platinum

The new DJI Drones are the Mavic Pro Platinum (MPP) and the new Phantom 4 Obsidian (P4O)
The new MPP is $1,099.00 USD

They are pre-ordering now, you know what that means, you will get it in the middle of winter!:mad:

The real question is...

Do you sell your "old" Mavic for $800-$900 to turn around and buy the same product that gets 3 min more flight time (really, about 1-2 considering the new props work on the Mavic Pro) that won't match all of your extra batteries that you already bought and spend a month (maybe more) without your drone... hmm...

I really think you keep the Mavic if you already have one, or buy the platinum if you don't own one. I literally just bought a Mavic Fly more Combo on the classifieds here a couple days ago...

Last edited:
So ignoring the silver colour (which most of us would put a skin on anyway) and the props which can be bought for $20 per set you will pretty much be paying an extra $80 for 3 minutes extra flight time.... 2.25 seconds per dollar. Def not worth the upgrade - I'll buy the props and wait to see what Mav 2 offers next year.

Reactions: Stuart Wood
So ignoring the silver colour (which most of us would put a skin on anyway) and the props which can be bought for $20 per set you will pretty much be paying an extra $80 for 3 minutes extra flight time.... 2.25 seconds per dollar. Def not worth the upgrade - I'll buy the props and wait to see what Mav 2 offers next year.

Yup, Yup, Yup, I am curious as to how much quieter the new props will be, Sheeeeeet I thought the Mavic was soundless compared to my P3P !!!

Maybe instead of slapping new props on an older generation Mavic and calling it platinum, perhaps they could stop with this nonsense and instead fix the GO 4 App for Android?

just a thought...

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
Maybe instead of slapping new props on an older generation Mavic and calling it platinum, perhaps they could stop with this nonsense and instead fix the GO 4 App for Android?

just a thought...
I'd say it's a different team who looks after the app so I don't think it would make any difference

Absolutely spot on. If Apple had held off introducing technology for a few months just to milk sales - they wouldnt have been the first to introduce, fast charging, wireless charging and oled screens. Someone else would have done that and stolen their market.

Samsung was way ahead of the curve on all that technology. Apple retains a loyalty base. It's often not the 'what' but the 'who'.

I'd say it's a different team who looks after the app so I don't think it would make any difference
My point is that of all the things DJI could work on to improve the Mavic, they chose propellers...to increase flight time on a drone that already is a leader when it comes to battery life.

DJI is releasing a "new" Mavic with "improvements" on things that didn't necessarily need improving at this time, and ignoring the issues that need to be fixed...

just a thought...
I have no more problems with the GO4 app (crashes and freezes) since installing a screen rotation app which locks the screen in inverted landscape mode. When holding phone and mobile not accurately levelled (e.g. during takeoff from hand) I often found the screen flipping for 180° and back, which causes large parts of the GO4 app to restart. And it looks like this will create memory leaks, leading to problems after a while.
There are several rotaion apps on the Play store, just choose the best one for your taste.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian