DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mavic Pro 2. Any truth to this?

"Any truth to this?"

Nope. Scam city.

I'm sure DJI is working on a new craft. I bet they hold off until sales of the Mavic slow down and competitors (if any exist anymore) announce their upcoming products.

The Mavic Pro just went on sale at Sam's Club - there is hardly stagnation, let alone slowing, in sales - quite the opposite, the MP sales are booming. DJI will definitely enjoy more of those profits and market growth before ever releasing an MP2 - I'd venture to bet even if they had an MP2 near finished or even ready for production - they'd hold off strictly to allow the original MP to draw more profits.

I dont see a new Mavic on the horizon with the current Mavic selling so well and facing very little competition.

I suspect DJI's next move to be a 'more Mavic like' Phantom 5. In other words a 1inch sensor camera on a slimmed down Phantom body and controller. I suspect this is the 'upgrade path' that DJI will try to tempt Mavic Pro users with.

...I suspect DJI's next move to be a 'more Mavic like' Phantom 5. In other words a 1inch sensor camera on a slimmed down Phantom body and controller.

I own a Mavic and was seriously considering adding a Phantom 4 Pro. But I just can't get around how big it is (and the controller). If they would introduce what you just described at a price about where the 4 is now I would get one!

Reactions: extreme24
I dont see a new Mavic on the horizon with the current Mavic selling so well and facing very little competition.

I suspect DJI's next move to be a 'more Mavic like' Phantom 5. In other words a 1inch sensor camera on a slimmed down Phantom body and controller. I suspect this is the 'upgrade path' that DJI will try to tempt Mavic Pro users with.
DJI will bleed the Magic Pro for every last dollar before offering up a revision. Having destroyed any and all competing devices / companies including GoPro, 3DR, Yuneec it is fiscally irresponsible to release a Magic Pro 2. It will sit mothballed until another Karma killer is needed.

I'd venture to bet even if they had an MP2 near finished or even ready for production - they'd hold off strictly to allow the original MP to draw more profits.

Unless the MP2 had a higher profit margin than the MP, in which case there'd be no reason not to bring it out ASAP. Many of the components in electronic devices (computer chips in particular) get both cheaper and better as new versions become available. It's also possible for DJI to improve their designs and make them more cost-efficient to manufacture from one model to the next.

Unless the MP2 had a higher profit margin than the MP, in which case there'd be no reason not to bring it out ASAP. Many of the components in electronic devices (computer chips in particular) get both cheaper and better as new versions become available. It's also possible for DJI to improve their designs and make them more cost-efficient to manufacture from one model to the next.

This is one case I hope I'm wrong - with the caveat that I hope it's not entirely too much of a higher margin because I'd like to be able to afford an MP2, or whatever they decide to call it.

This is one case I hope I'm wrong - with the caveat that I hope it's not entirely too much of a higher margin because I'd like to be able to afford an MP2, or whatever they decide to call it.

Higher margin doesn't necessarily mean higher price. The hardware could have better capability but still cost them less to manufacture, so that they can make more profit at the same (or even lower) price. If they're able to cut down the size and/or weight they can also save on batteries and motors and packaging and shipping and whatnot.

Higher margin doesn't necessarily mean higher price. The hardware could have better capability but still cost them less to manufacture, so that they can make more profit at the same (or even lower) price. If they're able to cut down the size and/or weight they can also save on batteries and motors and packaging and shipping and whatnot.

Well then bring in the MV2 :)

Maybe - Let's take GoPro cameras - when they show up a Sam's that model tends to become the old one within days-weeks at most. Selling at Sam's is a sure sign they want to clear inventory.

It is coming sooner then later. I for one want another one but unless a specific situation demands it I am waiting for the latest greatest and I will likely grab Two at that point. Serious work is much more enjoyable when you have that extra drone.

Fortunately for us DJI is much smarter than those speculating release dates will be tied to slowing sales. Any technology dependent manufacturer doesn't schedule releases around sales figures. When did Apple ever hold off a release to milk sales for an extra month or two. You either lead or you get overrun by competitors running full out to surpass you. Was sales of the Phantom 3 declining before they released the Phantom 4? Coming up with new and even more exciting features and products take time but they are coming and will be released as soon as they are ready and when this no longer holds true DJI will be replaced as the leading drone innovator and manufacturer by someone who does. I have my money set aside and anxiously await their next release.

When did Apple ever hold off a release to milk sales for an extra month or two. You either lead or you get overrun by competitors running full out to surpass you. .

Absolutely spot on. If Apple had held off introducing technology for a few months just to milk sales - they wouldnt have been the first to introduce, fast charging, wireless charging and oled screens. Someone else would have done that and stolen their market.

Reactions: MrsTreat
The Mavic Pro just went on sale at Sam's Club - there is hardly stagnation, let alone slowing, in sales - quite the opposite, the MP sales are booming. DJI will definitely enjoy more of those profits and market growth before ever releasing an MP2 - I'd venture to bet even if they had an MP2 near finished or even ready for production - they'd hold off strictly to allow the original MP to draw more profits.
And I saw it a BJ's wholesale club...

I think DJI is busy right now fighting the hackers and trying to get the military market back. Don't have time for a Mp2.
On the other hand if they did release then maybe they would leave my MP1 alone for a while. One could only hope!

Price is based on demand. If it's on sale then demand is down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78