DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro 2 MAX RANGE TEST + Signal Booster Test | Northern IL

Bruh put that ish on imperial ? got me messed up with meters and km's

Bro- fun vid.

1. 3,000 meters which is pretty close to your max distance shown = 1.8 miles.

2. While the RF travels at nearly the speed of light in the atmosphere (am a long time RF engineer), the processor takes time to calculate changes in the signal strength. The bigger the sudden change, the longer the processing takes. A quarter or even a full second is a lot of time in processor world, but it's not unusual to see the processor need 5 or even more seconds.

3. It doesn't take much change in signal strength to significantly affect propulsion commands, and the data stream for the images. The RF waves lose way more 1's and 0's at distance than closer to the other end of the RF link.

4. "Bars" don't mean a lot- they're pretty relative. The primary signal indication you need here is called RSSI (received signal strength indicator). A 3dB loss is half the signal you just had, and a 3dB increase is twice the signal you just had. Bars don't show that kind of gain or loss.

5. Final point before this gets too boring; the weaker the signal, the more "interpolation" the device needs to produce. Interpolation is where the radio (and other parts) replace missing 1's and 0's. At some points, the processor can't replace enough 1's and 0's and that's one way connectivity between both ends of the RF link fail.

This may be TMI, but there it is if it helps.

Thanks for your great vids.

Hi, I was very interested in really knowing the “real life” max distance one could achieve and have been looking at many reviews. I’m relatively new to the game and recently tested my M2Z for range, I reached just over 6 Km (+_3.7miles)
I was surprised to get good signal, I turned back at the command to RTH however landed with 30% power available.
Bottom line is you could easily achieve the 8km DJI claim depending on conditions.

Attachments

• 0058B086-46BA-46A9-B94A-21ED578ED839.png
    0058B086-46BA-46A9-B94A-21ED578ED839.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 78
Yes, I have noticed drastically different results depending on the direction flown

Hi, I was very interested in really knowing the “real life” max distance one could achieve and have been looking at many reviews. I’m relatively new to the game and recently tested my M2Z for range, I reached just over 6 Km (+_3.7miles)
I was surprised to get good signal, I turned back at the command to RTH however landed with 30% power available.
Bottom line is you could easily achieve the 8km DJI claim depending on conditions.

I've got a mp1 and the re googles / I have a cyclone or titan antenna that is only 2.4ghz.. It's been a about a year ago so my memory sucks, but I think the goggles had an option for running on the 2.4 band. With that said no antenna transmits 1.5-2 miles. With the included antenna attached (it is a 5.8ghz antenna) range is upto 3 miles. There is definately a difference in antenna and no antenna. 1 thing that amazes me is the goggles can be turned on and will connect with the drone when it's over a mile away. However the goggles are incredibly uncomfortable and with there was something someone would figure out how to make them fit better. Just my 1/2 cent worth.

I got 6km out and still got 3 signal bars. returned only due to battery. CE mode, passive Alientech DUO antenna used.

I got 6km out and still got 3 signal bars. returned only due to battery. CE mode, passive Alientech DUO antenna used.

Cool video, were you overseas? I believe the Mavic can use more powerful signals out of America? That's super cool, you are lucky to have such an awesome drone there, thanks for sharing.

I made 13.2kms/8.5mi one way (only made it a couple of Kms back before landing at low battery) and still had no signal issues, on my previous M2P.

I haven’t been to the same area with my new M2P, but have already made 9.6km and returned- again with excellent signal throughout.

Occusync 2.0 is excellent.

I made 13.2kms/8.5mi one way (only made it a couple of Kms back before landing at low battery) and still had no signal issues, on my previous M2P.

I haven’t been to the same area with my new M2P, but have already made 9.6km and returned- again with excellent signal throughout.

Occusync 2.0 is excellent.
That's awesome!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99