DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Camera settings and Adjustments VIDs

I have filters coming, as I want to get the shutter speed down to workable levels for what our plans are for the drone. Landscapes and high altitude shots are not my main goal. My next trial will be sticking with ART, but using -1,0,0. I just need to learn the color correcting/grading in DaVinci Resolve. The software is capable, just need to get the user capable.

I am not too worried about WB right now. I am not shooting anything that is important. Besides, it will change with location and time of day anyway, so just sitting on Auto for now is ok.

If you want to only do basic editing like cut bits out Default None is pretty good but it looks more natural with everything on -1 or even -2 if you can add a bit back where required.
Art is rather nice for more serious grading I'm thinking -2,0,0 on bright days and -1,0,0 on dull days.

D Log seems very hard work compared to flat footage from Art.
with my Phantom 3 on 2015 firmware D Log was about the best and worked nicely with Luts but it's fairly simple to tweak things manually.

White balance on Auto is quite good but will tend to shift about rather strangely at times, consider a Custom setting around 5600 or 5800.

There's no 'correct' or 'best' setting, if like me your currently in a low light northern winter with muted landscape colours the above settings will look fairly natural for a start point.
thank you so much!

Mavic exposure settings... and will it attempt to take off folded? if you have props on and try to take off might be dangerous

Thanks very interesting thread.
I have been playing with my mavic for a week now. I love it but yes getting right setting for video or still is tricky. I have lightroom and davinci but still learning how to use them.
Now what about setting for when you don't have time or cannot do post.? What do you recommand?
And also how and why do you use Auto Expo lock?
Thanks.

trying to catch mavic with your hand is unpredictable with the bottom sensors on, sometimes it lands and most of the time it wants to fly away like a crazy man

there is a way you can up tilt the camera about 30 degrees if lets say you are flying under a bridge or next to a building and want to get a slightly upward tilt while flying. Here is how it can be turned on in settings

many of us fly indoors or tight spaces utdoors, or through tree brenches whatever, with front or down sensors on it will not allow you to take those cool shots, here is a way to turn them off if you need to, obviously do this at your own risk and if you are not afraid to get close to objects lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000