DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Problem?

snoopx

Reactions
Hi,
Is this normal behaviour for the DJI Mavic Pro or have I got a faulty unit? On this 21 second clip, the horizon is more or less level at the start. However, on moving the drone to the right, the horizon tilts down to the right at about the 3 second mark and stays like that until the end of the clip when the drone stops moving and the horizon levels up again.
Thanks in advance for any info.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hi,
Is this normal behaviour for the DJI Mavic Pro or have I got a faulty unit? On this 21 second clip, the horizon is more or less level at the start. However, on moving the drone to the left, the horizon tilts down to the right at about the 3 second mark and stays like that until the end of the clip when the drone stops moving and the horizon levels up again.
Thanks in advance for any info.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Yep, I have the same issue with my mavic pro... When you make it travel to the left or to the right, the horizon isnt leveled...
I already asked to the community a few monthes ago, but didnt get any "good" answer or solution to solve it...
I tried to set differents angles in the gimbal settings and calibrate it, but it still the same... :(

I found a way to solve it, but its not a very good solution...
I correct the angle with the video mounting software , by rotating the whole image , but I loose a lot of angle of view and image quality... Not a good solution at all, but horizon remains leveled... :(

Reactions: snoopx
Thanks for your replies.
Did a little further searching on Google. Seems to be a common/universal problem in the Mavic Pro making flying sideways shots with a level horizon impossible.
eg see Tilted horizon at sideways flight - fixed or not
No real solutions. People just live with it or avoid those kind of shots.
The Phantom 3 Standard I have seems to have a better gimbal and does not have these problems giving a perfectly level horizon on flying sideways.

Reactions: jason38
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ