DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Lines in video

Beericks

Reactions
Hey all. I finally got myself a nice drone and have been having troubles shooting video. I have watched a couple of videos on settings and it doesn’t seem to help. I’m including a raw video that I uploaded to show what I’m seeing. This was shot with a 100 ISO and shutter darkened just enough to get away from the overexposure. I think this might be a hardware issue instead of an operator but I’d be pleased to find out if it was me (cheaper). So what do you guys think is causing this?

Thanks in advance

Josh

I also would like to add that watching with a cell phone doesn’t show all the lines. If you watch through a PC you can really see all the lines.

That's not operator related ... most probably the sensor is the culprit, note how it gets worse in the brightest spots in the sky.

My first thought that there might be something burned onto the camera sensor, but when you pan the camera down the lines on the upper right seem to disappear. I doubt if that is the problem. It's almost as if something is in front of the lens, but changes when you pivot the camera down. First thing I would do is make sure that nothing is in front of the camera, and clean the lens. If that doesn't change anything, then I would have to say it's either the lens or the sensor on the camera.

Ok which sensor do you think?
The camera sensor ... no other "sensor" like obstacle sensors matters when you clearly have artifacts in the picture that changes with how the camera sensor is activated by the changing light conditions. Rule out all easy thing's first ... greasy spots can give rainbow like color shifts, but this seems to be something else... digital.

1623873089687.png

Yes I’m sure it is. But I’ll have to double check. Also I do have a filter on but it was clean and lens was clean before putting it on
Take the filter off and see what difference that makes.

The camera sensor ... no other "sensor" like obstacle sensors matters when you clearly have artifacts in the picture that changes with how the camera sensor is activated by the changing light conditions. Rule out all easy thing's first ... greasy spots can give rainbow like color shifts, but this seems to be something else... digital.

View attachment 130808

It does look digital. The classic digital video issues show as cyan and magenta as is happening here. At present it’s hard to say camera sensor or on-camera processing but more likely the processing side.

As others have mentioned, rule out the filter etc first then check with the camera on a mixture of bright then dark then highly coloured scenes to see where it occurs.

Also check in photo mode and with similar scenes.

If I can suggest try taking stills, Set your camera to raw+jpeg and see if you get the artifact in both. As note remove the filter as well.

The image seemed to deteriorate as you turned toward the sun and cleared as you turned away from the sun. I agree - remove any NDs, clean the lens, reset camera settings, take it off of auto - to manual exposure settings and do a test; toward the sun and away from it. I have had 'toward-the-sun' image banding issues while on auto exposure.
I have had artifacts/banding in the video image as a battery is over-heating and expanding. I just lost some otherwise great shots on a music video shoot to this issue. The battery swole and popped part way out - fortunately the AC was able to hand-catch it as it wobbled out-of-control toward dropping off a cliff.
Your problem could be any of the issues above but eliminate all within your reach before you send it back in.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl