DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro DJI Mavic pro night photo

So I'm supposed to keep the histogram thing in the middle? Isn't that the auto exposure's job?
Don't get too hung up on the technical stuff.
If you don't know what you are doing, it's easy to make a mess of things, while your auto-exposure would get things right most of the time.
The photo you posted wouldn't benefit much from all of that anyway.

The biggest problem with the image is that there is no subject.
It's a whole lot of distant blah.
A good photo needs something to catch the viewers eye and draw it in.
If you'd flown closer to something and composed a photo of that something, it would have had lighting suitable for photography and been a lot more interesting.

To show what I mean, here's an example that you could have shot with autoexposure:
DJI_0174a-XL.jpg

Note that there's a subject and despite low light levels, you can see interesting details that your eye takes in.
Then it can wander across the background.

Reactions: MA2 317
If you don't know what you are doing, it's easy to make a mess of things, while your auto-exposure would get things right most of the time.

If you'd flown closer to something and composed a photo of that something, it would have had lighting suitable for photography and been a lot more interesting.

To show what I mean, here's an example that you could have shot with autoexposure:
DJI_0174a-XL.jpg

Note that there's a subject and despite low light levels, you can see interesting details that your eye takes in.
That is a nice shot. To Kywon , you can move the histogram around the screen with your finger.

DJI_0174a-XL.jpg

Woah.... My drone can't even do that...

Woah.... My drone can't even do that...
It could ... and quite easily.
I wouldn't have said so if it wasn't.

What Meta4 was describing there Kywon was nothing to do with the drone.

It is 'composition'.

A photographers eye, sometimes photographers of any type of camera (hand held or drone) have this naturally, others need to put a little more thought and effort into composition of a scene / photo.
(Applies to video too.)

I had a quick search for > photography composition beginners guide < and this page came up looking pretty good and simple, with no annoying ads for sign up, lessons etc . . .

Composition Explained: Techniques for Photography Beginners

If video is better for you, this one looked good . . .

Explains the basic 'rule of thirds', and you can set those gridlines # on your M1P in the menu.

Reactions: CvCow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929