DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro No GPS

dangrega33

Reactions
Hey everybody I've been having an issue of no GPS on my Mavic Pro after a crash that I had. I looked for a flight log, but I think it was overwritten since I have been turning the AC on to calibrate and test after repairs. I didn't realize it would overwrite since I haven't actually flown the drone. But anyways, here is the format I was asked to use:

Problem? No GPS. GPS icon on the app is greyed out and not picking up satellites even after sitting with it outside for about an hour. It stays greyed out. I also get a Navigation error: Check redundancy error on the app. So I cannot fly the AC.

Was unit in a crash?
The unit was in a crash I believe it was on the 10th of Oct. I was about 60' in the air and hit a pipe at my work (I work at a power plant) the drone fell about 20' and landed on a metal platform. It was user error, I was trying to get a better view for an inspection and didn't think I was that close to the pipe and moved sideways into it. I recovered the drone and found that the rear right arm was broke and the GPS module was mangled up. I recalibrated IMU and Compass.

What have you tried so far? I replaced the rear right arm and replaced the GPS module and the plate that holds the module in place.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? I am using a Samsung Tablet.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? I am running the latest FW on the AC and RC.

What Go app version are you using? I am using DJI GO 4.

Any modification?
(if so what) No modifications besides what I have fixed.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) Replaced the rear arm and the GPS module.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No I do not, sorry.

Overall, I just need to get this thing flying again. This is the companies drone and am trying to fix it and don't want to send it in to the repair shop unless I absolutely have to. I have the tools to take everything apart and to replace things in the drone and am not worried about getting into it anymore. Again, I do not have a flight log as it was overwritten, which I wish I knew I could get before today, but didn't realize it saved them and that you could get them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am flying this drone outdoors and away from all metal buildings when trying to acquire satellites. Never had this issue before the crash.

Thanks!

Hi,

Similar issue like mine. Maybe DJI did something with their GPS/compass module that MP didn't see it. I was trying also on the newest firmware, same result.

Hi,

Similar issue like mine. Maybe DJI did something with their GPS/compass module that MP didn't see it. I was trying also on the newest firmware, same result.
I was thinking that they had to do some sort of software update or calibration to the GPS module. Maybe that is the problem. Not really sure. We are doing a factory reset on the AC and RC right now.

I also did it. Only thing what i didn;t do is firmware for RC. But the best thing what is in my case, my old GPS module working perfectely, except compass1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31