DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Warranty WTF - does it exist?

doodybutch

Reactions
My DJI Mavic is suffering from the dreaded "compass2 Disconnected" error which seems to be very common reading these threads.

I have tried in vain to find out what is the warranty period on DJI products. All I find on the web are confusing obfuscations like this:

"DJI warrants that each DJI product that you purchase will be free from material and workmanship defects under normal use during the warranty period. The warranty period for a product starts on the day a product is received, or as may be otherwise specified by DJI. The warranty period and types of after-sales service that apply to your product are as specified in “Part III - Types of After-Sales Service” below."

So of course I look in Part III and all I find is:

"Main parts of DJI products have various warranty periods. A list of types of main parts and their respective warranty periods can be found at DJI Support - Here for You."

When you go to the website listed, you cannot find any useful information.

Reading between the lines, it appears that there is no warranty at all on the DJI Mavic unless the buyer purchases DJI care at the time of aircraft purchase and it is good for one year.

Can anybody help and direct me to the warranty?

Can anybody help and direct me to the warranty?
See the "Warranty Period of Main Parts" section here. Those warranty periods apply to anyone who has purchased a DJI product from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer.

Incorrect. See After-Sales Service Policies - DJI
And thats only if purchased from a DJI authourised dealer, if its a grey import there is no warranty unless returned to the country of origin.
If you read the end of that it states,

*Warranty period may vary according to local laws and regulations.

In Europe consumer law states 24 month warranty so that is what DJI provide.

Not sure about Australian consumer law but DJI must guarantee for minimum period set by law.

Reactions: Simmo
DJI really don't have a lot of faith in their product, max manufacturers warranty 12 months on main controller and remote control, and MANY primary systems only 6 months.
Australian protection statutory rights apparently have no limit, from ACCC "Statutory rights have no set time limit – depending on the price and quality of goods, consumers may be entitled to a remedy after any manufacturers’ or extended warranty has expired."
Ie this applies if a camera / gimbal should be expected to last beyond 6 months for the price paid for a Mavic, obviously no crashes, the camera and / or gimbal all of a sudden just stops working properly.

Forget Stat rights!
DJI's Warranty per se is 12 mths, JB Hifi are advertising that warranty too, not 2 years as seemingly, mistakedly, Kakao eluded to.

Forget Stat rights!
DJI's Warranty per se is 12 mths, JB Hifi are advertising that warranty too, not 2 years as seemingly, mistakedly, Kakao eluded to.

The salesperson told me its 2yrs, I'll see him on Monday and report back?!?!:D

See the "Warranty Period of Main Parts" section here. Those warranty periods apply to anyone who has purchased a DJI product from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer.

Thank you for your reply. I read through this whole section and there is no indication of WHAT IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD? A MONTH? A YEAR? THREE YEARS? All I can find in that whole section is this obfuscation:

"*Warranty period may vary according to local laws and regulations." The asterix seems to apply to another statement but it is the only asterix in the document!

So PLEASE can somebody help me find out what the warranty period is in days or years?

Reactions: Gygax and CYQL Flyr
I read through this whole section and there is no indication of WHAT IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD? A MONTH? A YEAR? THREE YEARS?
The warranty period for the battery (for example) is 6 months or 200 charge cycles (whichever comes first). You can find the warranty period for the other major components on the same page.

The warranty period for the battery (for example) is 6 months or 200 charge cycles (whichever comes first). You can find the warranty period for the other major components on the same page.
Thank you for being patient. I don't know where to find that information. I am using Goggle chrome with no ad blockers or anything. I can find this:

"Main parts of DJI products have various warranty periods. A list of types of main parts and their respective warranty periods can be found at DJI Support - Here for You."

When I go to DJI Support - Here for You, however the information is just not there. Could you give me the exact web page where you found the battery information? I am technically sophisticated but I can't find that information anywhere. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for being patient. I don't know where to find that information. I am using Goggle chrome with no ad blockers or anything. I can find this:

When I go to DJI Support - Here for You, however the information is just not there. Could you give me the exact web page where you found the battery information? I am technically sophisticated but I can't find that information anywhere. Thank you for your help.
IK I found it. Sorry. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

It looks like the warranty is 12 months and I am 14 months! So I will just replace the compass2 module myself. It's only about $20. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico