DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 2 Crash in Cemetery

not really, because when he flies straight ahead the horizon is equal right-left, but when flies to the left the horizon becomes bent
Good catch - normal yaw may explain some of it - but even level flight has some tilt to it.

Reactions: WooZie
Flight was in N mode and not FPV. My experience trying FPV on this little drone has not been good, tends to be jerky and not stable so I never use it. I have noticed that tight or high tilt banks seem to exceed the ability of the gimbal to level it out, perhaps the drone bank is greater than the gimbals opposite bank limit. Just a guess. I'm OK with it....

Reactions: WooZie
that is strange behavior, it is not normal...do it a imu and compass calibration if you didn't do it yet

Sorry for your crash! Hope you recover it and damage minimal

Saw nothing really out of ordinary in the video, but more than likely you were paying attention only to the banyon tree (on screen) and not where the drone was in relation to the trees very visible on the left side of the screen.

Have come close to treeing my drone as I was doing an almost same type video shot - flying sideways and not paying enough attention to where the drone was flying. Also flying below treetop level is another issue we all encounter at some point in our drone flying adventures.

At least you found it, got it back, and can fly another day. We fly and learn - at least hopefully we do.

Nothing beats good altitude.
Amen brother. That is one of my top priorities / concerns where I fly - keeping above treetops when I can, but sometimes that special shot / vid has to be much lower. Yet, more sight on the drone is important than watching the screen. Also listening for obstacle avoidance is imperative when tiny bare branches are hard to see from afar or even on the screen. Having a spare set of eyes does help a lot in close quarters flying.

I would gladly give up forward and back obstacle cameras for side coverage. I mean I can see what's in front for gosh sake.
Yeah, best comment so far and my thoughts exactly. I have done lots of orbits and partial orbits and never crashed doing one, but sure have come close. Really side obstacle avoidance is the only one I would like to have.
Regarding altitude I prefer to stay low for the most part. Flying high is usually boring video. The lower the flight the greater the risk but the video is often much more rewarding. Just comes down to personal preference.

Flight was in N mode and not FPV. My experience trying FPV on this little drone has not been good, tends to be jerky and not stable so I never use it. I have noticed that tight or high tilt banks seem to exceed the ability of the gimbal to level it out, perhaps the drone bank is greater than the gimbals opposite bank limit. Just a guess. I'm OK with it....
Been there, done that. Have video of me from drone searching for 15 minutes before the wind decided to relieve my pain and blew my baby out of the tree. Looked up many times but just did not see it. Drone was ok but never flew in that area again as I got bad vibes about drone catching trees!

I used "find my drone" for the first time yesterday. I got a "low battery RTH" only about 12 minutes into a flight, and it went down about 10 seconds later into tall weeds on the side of a steep hill. "Find my drone" took me right to it, no doubt saving many hours of difficult searching.

I used "find my drone" for the first time yesterday. I got a "low battery RTH" only about 12 minutes into a flight, and it went down about 10 seconds later into tall weeds on the side of a steep hill. "Find my drone" took me right to it, no doubt saving many hours of difficult searching.
Yep, "Find My Drone" works great. I have used it on 3 occasions with success. That said, it can be misleading if the drone disconnects in flight at altitude and high speed. In that case the GPS coordinates given show the point of disconnect up in the air and not where the drone actually crashed hundreds of feet away! Yes I have had it happen......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329