DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 2 Fcc hack

i always fly out my battery, around 20-25 mins.
after landing, i have to replace battery, so do the hack again

So could you explain exactly what this hack is for please?

So could you explain exactly what this hack is for please?
Depending on where you fly your drone, different sets or regulatory requirements apply to any radio wave based communications - in our case, between the drone and the remote control. The Mini 2 supports operating in two modes (non-Japan versions only), one called FCC and one called CE. The latter is mainly used outside of the US and limits transmit power to about 25%, which reduces in a somewhat less stable connection and reduced range.

The specs - see for example DJI Mini 2 - Specifications - DJI - mention the CE/FCC mode in several places, check for details there.

The hack claims to switch the drone to FCC mode, increasing range and stability, even in regions where the drone defaults to CE.

Stefan

Reactions: Jackh
I wonder why fakegps method don't work, just like it works with my Mavic Air.
If i set my gps to US, why drone wont use FCC mode?

I wonder why fakegps method don't work, just like it works with my Mavic Air.
If i set my gps to US, why drone wont use FCC mode?
From what I've read, there is a pretty specific order of steps you need to follow to make sure neither the app nor the drone gets a GPS lock before the motors are running - are you sure you are following this correctly?

Also, I'd like to point out that exceeding power transmission limits might have unintended and possibly severe consequences - the frequencies used might interfere with other, privileged users of the same frequencies, e.g. weather radar in planes.

Stefan

I bought software mods from popular site ;) FCC + altitude hack is doing great job, battery is small, i was on 1,6km high on one batt, and 4km also on one pack. Bought it when was discount, later they converted my cheap lite license to regular ;p, like others too.

HI
on my Mini 2, I have updated the RC-N1 to latest firmware released on 29/11/2021, now I'm on version 04.11.0032 and mini 2 at version 01.03.0000.
Is it possible that the FCC hack does not work anymore? when I click patch in the android app, it says that the controller is not connected, even if it is and in th bottom port...and if I connect the phone to the top port it says to connect it to the bottom port, so in a way it should be recognized...
Any help/solution really appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: RiaanJ01
Andy Red, Is it possible to roll back the firmware of the remote via dji assistant?

Andy Red, Is it possible to roll back the firmware of the remote via dji assistant?
I don't know as I haven't tried, give it a go but you will have to change some settings to allow firmware updates and rollbacks

First, run DJI assistant and let it update, then close it.

Then go to the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\DJIEngine

Find defaultsettings.ini and cut then paste to your desktop, open it with notepad and change the settings to

[wm161]
upgrade_enable=1

[wm1605]
upgrade_enable=1

save, copy and repaste back

now when you run DJI assistant you should have a firmware option

I’m running DJI assistant on Mac and tried to change the defaultsettings.ini in the container of the app but with no luck
Connecting the controller to the Mac only shows the latest firmware without the possibility to downgrade…
If I connect the drone to the Mac it shows various fw and in theory (I have not tested it) I could downgrade the drone fw
Anyhow everything is useless if on the mini2 the only way to enable fcc is to use the drone hacks desktop app…

New Firmware update for controller is only about 750kb so sounds like to stop the hacks working on the Drones, as other drones have new firmwares to stop the hacks too.

I tried Mavic air 2 fcc 1.0.0 app on my Dji mini 2 and it worked only one time, 5.8 GHz does not appear after 2nd hack and next but it has 1 km > 90 dB. I did a hack according to the video below but my drone had a good signal up to 500 m like in the CE mode. Does somebody come across this issue?
photo_2021-12-19_22-58-51.jpg
with hack 1km>90 dB but it does not have 5.8 GHz
photo_2021-12-19_22-58-51 (2).jpg
without hack

I have a strange one,i installed latest controller update to my controller for the mini 2.
Now everytime i start up drone and controller it shows its in fcc mode on the transmission screen,its perminantly on ffc mode.Im in the uk so im thinking it should show i ce mode.
I do use the desktop drone hacks fcc hack but now since doing the controller update it all looks to be stuck in fcc.
Any help appreciated to get this thing back to ce

I have a strange one,i installed latest controller update to my controller for the mini 2.
Now everytime i start up drone and controller it shows its in fcc mode on the transmission screen,its perminantly on ffc mode.Im in the uk so im thinking it should show i ce mode.
I do use the desktop drone hacks fcc hack but now since doing the controller update it all looks to be stuck in fcc.
Any help appreciated to get this thing back to ce
Keep it on FCC dude, it's what everyone is trying to do to their drone and you have it by chance. You would probably get it back to CE in an app version update as it comes out, but enjoy the extra boost on signal and range. You can still fly it within the recommended distances.

The trick still works. Today's flight, a heavily urbanised area. This was maximum distanceScreenshot_2022-02-03-16-11-15-89_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998