DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 footage editing : transcoding failed error message after selecting video's and clicking 'add' button. Help !

Spectro

Reactions
Literally every video I shoot on the DJI Mini 2 becomes useless to post afterwards because I can't edit/shorten or link them together in the DJI Fly app after downloading them to my Samsung phone from the aircraft. Very frustrating. Every time I choose a couple of video's and choose 'add' afterwards I get the 'transcoding failed' error message and that's it ... might as well not bother to shoot video's while up in the air this way.

It does work with pictures, just not with video's ... but of course, it's supposed to work with both.

Can anyone help ?

I shoot the video's in 4K but my phone (on which the DJI Fly app is installed and I use for flying) only supports FHD ? Could this possibly be the reason why there is a transcoding issue ?

I could try to shoot a video in FHD next time and see if the 'transcoding failed' error message persists ...

Literally every video I shoot on the DJI Mini 2 becomes useless to post afterwards because I can't edit/shorten or link them together in the DJI Fly app after downloading them to my Samsung phone from the aircraft. Very frustrating. Every time I choose a couple of video's and choose 'add' afterwards I get the 'transcoding failed' error message and that's it ... might as well not bother to shoot video's while up in the air this way.

It does work with pictures, just not with video's ... but of course, it's supposed to work with both.

Can anyone help ?
Are you shooting in H.265? If so try switching to H.264.

And where do I adjust that exactly ?

Thank you.
In the app settings (under the camera section when you tap on the "3 dots").
Also, based on another thread I have started using AVIDEMUX to join/link .mp4 files without having to decode/re-encode (helpful on a "low horsepower PC"). You can also do some simple editing.

And where do I adjust that exactly ?

Thank you.
Actually I don't think the Mini 2 can shoot H.265, I think it only shoots H.264. Sorry about that I was going on my Mavic Air 2 settings in the Fly app (Air 2 can shoot both H.264 and H.265). So that most likely isn't the problem unless DJI added H.265 recently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002