DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 FPV Mode Issue...

Div3boy

Reactions
I just got my Mini 2 a few days ago and went to test out the FPV Mode, I don't think it's working correctly. I read somewhere that they 'dumbed' down this feature. I'm not sure I understand what that means. Sorry, new to the drone world but I watched videos of the mini 2 in FPV mode and it seems pretty straight forward. I tried it with mine and the camera/gimbal is still not locking horizontally as it should in FPV mode. I called DJI tech support and the person who helped me really wasn't much help and suggest that I had a defective drone and take it back for an exchange at the store I bought it from which I still can. Is there a trick to this FPV feature?

Post some footage , as you might be expecting to much as i dont think the camera locks at all just allows you to bank and the camera to follow.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: Div3boy
In FPV mode the gimbal is 'locked' so that it does NOT stay level when the drone rolls, it moves (rolls) with the drone. So the horizon will appear to climb on one side of the image and or descend on the other. Imagine looking out the windscreen of an airplane when the airplale banks.
In "follow" mode the gimbal should remain should remain level with respect to the horizon.

I often use FPV mode to see how much roll/bank the drone is having to use to fight a side wind.

Last edited:
In FPV mode the gimbal is 'locked' so that it does NOT stay level when the drone rolls, it moves (rolls) with the drone. So the horizon appears to climb on one side of the image and or descend on the other. Imagine looking out the windscreen of an airplane when the airplale banks.
In "follow" mode the gimbal should remain should remain level with respect to the horizon.

I often use FPV mode to see how much roll/bank the drone is having to use to fight a side wind.
Yes, I enabled FPV mode and did a flight test, banked left and right, camera is still stabilized like in Follow Mode, horizontal does not lock to drone flying view.

Perhaps you could run a screen capture app on your phone to capture what you are doing and what you are seeing as a result. Then post that video somewhere and provide a link to it so we can see. what is going on.

Yes, I enabled FPV mode and did a flight test, banked left and right, camera is still stabilized like in Follow Mode, horizontal does not lock to drone flying view.
Try banking more aggressively. I fly my Mini-2s in FPV mode all the time, and you have to yank them around a bit to get the visual FPV effect.

True but I rarely, if ever, think of that. It's habit for me to switch to FPV mode.

Reactions: SeaPig
The attitude indicator is handy for that, too. Requires fewer clicks to engage.
Ahh, but watching the vid feed is more fun!

I always leave the FPV mode on, so there are no clicks involved at all to get it.

:cool:

I've just setup my mini 2 for fpv using litchi and a vr head set everything works as it should except if I put it in joystick mode all it does is to spin round and round, if I then put it into immersive mode it works ok, look up/down ok, look sideways ok, so whats wrong with joystick mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000