DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 2 LATEST FIRMWARE ISSUE NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!

So having spent the last few days trying to find out why my gimbal has been uneven and not level looking on the horizon, I finally found out why, the latest firmware update. This was found on a popular youtubers channel who was also expirencing the same problem as me as well as many others, will the gimbal being uneven after countless calibartions yet still dosent work making filming near impossible to for level shots!

So I contaced DJI about this issue showing them the video but they wanted me to return my drone for inspection which is pointless as the video clearly shows its a firmware issue and not a hardware issue! This really frustrates me as DJI have not yet resolved this issue and they bascailly they said they cant do anything about it unless I return my drone for inspection and pay a fee for the inspection which is a joke! DJI should be able to fix this with a new firmware update, so let me know your guys view on this and if youve had this issue as well like many others and I also encourage you to reach out to DJI with this video if your having the problems so DJI can address it.

I had the same problem with the gimbal tilted to one side and it would not calibrate. I looked online and it seemed to be becoming a common problem.
Luckily I had just bought it a few days before so returned it to the shop for a refund and bought another one.

Based on the comments, it cannot be both, its either a firmware issue or hardware issue.. If you perpetually assume that its a firmware issue, and subsequent firmware updates, assuming there will be more, do nothing to address it, you then have two maybe three options.. One, live with it.., two, let DJI fix it if a return is not possible, or sell it and get another drone, perhaps the next owner will not care whether the horizon in some shots of off by couple degrees.

Problem solved. I use warranty and sent it back to supplier. Supplier sent the drone to DJI service center where they submit these failures (in addition I had another issue with gimbal calibration error message).
I did just one flight after this procedure and seems to be OK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7