DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2

Mark's

Reactions
I am wondering why I can't get my pictures to come up on my phone.
I have the sd card installed.
Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't
They show up on the dji app .

Are you saying that you can see the photos via the Fly app in/on the phone but can not see the photos in the phone if you try to find them without the Fly app?

You have what mSD card installed where ?

Last edited:
No they do not show up on the app.
I have the standard I think it's a124gb
Sd card in the drone

Sd card in the drone
I'd be inclined to get a card reader that is compatible with the socket on you phone and simply remove the card from the drone, put it into the reader and plug the reader into the phone.
Or get a phone-to-USB-A-female/socket-cable and plug a USB A card reader into the USB A female of the cable, then copy the full size images from the card to the phone.
Both work with Android but I have never tested this with an iPhone.

I suspect the best that will get 'your way' is low resolution, cache photos ..... unless perhaps you use the 'quick tranfer' thing which, in my one 'successful experiment' with it, was anything but quick. In fact is was so slow I cancelled the transfer.

I have never been able to get it to work again on the few occasions I have tried it since then.

I know that would probably work I think but just seems I shouldn't need to do that . After I take a picture is there anything I need two do to save it?

After I take a picture is there anything I need two do to save it?
To be honest I do not KNOW**.
I have never been interested in low resolution cached images and to be prefectly blunt, to my mind they just use up already limited storage space. For that matter I wouldn't store high resolutions photos on the phone.
If I want photos stored elsewhere I move them from the mSD card to an external HDD.

**That said I have a vague recollection that somewhere in the app there is an option that must be enabled if you want images to be cached, you'd need to google that, but I also seem to recollect that the names of those cached photos are gibberish.
Be aware that at a guess the location where those images are stored will vary depending on the app version you are running, again you will need to goggle that.

Ok I'm looking into purchasing a card reader any suggestions on a good one?
Any generic SD to PC USB card reader will do the job. Better if it's USB3 (if your PC supports USB3).

Use the adapter that comes packaged with every microUSB card, take the microUSB out of the drone: insert it into the adaptor: plug the adaptor into the PC and it will recognise the hub as a new external hard drive and open a new window.

I have a Kingston FCR-HS4 multi card reader BUT the one one I tend to use is a tiny thing that looks like a USB type A male plug, the mSD card fits into the 'plug'

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicPerf