DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 3 pro video transmission is slow

darshanskolekar

Reactions
I have DJI mini 3 pro with normal controller
All firmware is updated
I had my first flight today and the video transmission to my mobile is slow like lagging by 4/5 second than the live environment
The recorded video in SD card is completely fine
Has anyone else faced same issues
What is the solution

Generally this is a signal strength issue between the controller and the drone. Issues to look for - antenna aiming, distance between rc and drone, obstructions in the line of sight path between drone and controller.

You might need to update your phone sooner or later but turn off cache to device will help it a lot.
Also shut down all other apps, restarting it as you set up would help.
I've been in that borderline area before and eventually they updated the app to an even more weighty one and had to get more powerful phone (good thing really as it was always going slow)

Generally this is a signal strength issue between the controller and the drone.

No it's not. Not ever. This would utterly defy physics.

It is a problem with the phone. Something is interfering with DJI Fly, grabbing too many cycles so the app can not process incoming data and display it..

You might need to update your phone sooner or later but turn off cache to device will help it a lot.
Also shut down all other apps, restarting it as you set up would help.
I've been in that borderline area before and eventually they updated the app to an even more weighty one and had to get more powerful phone (good thing really as it was always going slow)
Also preload maps and put the phone in Airplane mode, disabling wifi, Bluetooth, and cellular.

Reactions: 4wd
I have DJI mini 3 pro with normal controller
All firmware is updated
I had my first flight today and the video transmission to my mobile is slow like lagging by 4/5 second than the live environment
The recorded video in SD card is completely fine
Has anyone else faced same issues
What is the solution
It's more than likely down to the available memory/storage in your mobile/tablet. Updating the FLY app has caused me one or two similar problems and I've ended up having to factory reset my "flight screens" for a clean install in order to get the app working smoothly. On top of that, with the RCN1 I always fly with the screen in airplane mode so that there are no conflicts with messaging apps or incoming calls - which have played Hob with the FPV transmission in my older drone since I had it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore