DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 3 PRO

AFTER 48 DAYS BEST BUY STILL HAS NO CLUE WHEN IT WILL EVER SEE THE MINI 3 PRO ,I'M DONE I AM WASHING MY HANDS OF ANYTHING BEST BUY
It is strange because Best Buy usually gets new DJI products as fast as any other retailer. I am guessing somebody in purchasing at Best Buy dropped the ball and did not anticipate the demand properly and got their order in with DJI too late. Now they are stuck waiting for product , probably until late Summer/Early Fall.

Yes I got a letter stating that if my JULY 4 it has not shipped , they will Refund, lol

I think there is a Huge Problem with the Fogging in the Lens and they had to Start Over as well as with the Range Issues, Honesty were the lucky ones not to get that hot mess.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Avoid hot messes.

NOBODY has received any Mini 3's, not just Best Buy.
We simply have a supply chain shortage on multiple levels, from chip manufacturers, to labor shortages in China, so boats sitting off-shore waiting to be unloaded, to waiting on trucks to take shipments to distribution centers. Never before in my life have we had such things.

In general I don't think goods shortages, including food and other necessities will have the kind of unlimited and ready availability for some time. Not having a Mini 3 for a month or two, while disappointing is not the end of the world. Hopefully we can avoid shortages of the necessities that sustain us.

Received mine in 22 days, ordered from DJI Europe....
I am wondering if you are having the range issue. It appears the issue is tied to the transmission mode defaulting to and slipping into CE, where it should be in FCC mode when used in North America. It would seem that units intended for distribution in Europe might be the ones that suffer from this, whereas ones built for distribution in the US (and thus waiting until June 29 for release) may not have the issue. Crossing my fingers for that anyway.

AFTER 48 DAYS BEST BUY STILL HAS NO CLUE WHEN IT WILL EVER SEE THE MINI 3 PRO ,I'M DONE I AM WASHING MY HANDS OF ANYTHING BEST BUY
DJI posted on their website that the Mini 3 Pro would be available "starting August 2022." I don't know why some people already have it but others don't. Maybe because of a lack of supply? I was ordering some items from Adorama's website and saw that they had the Mini 3 Pro, so I ordered one. I've received several messages telling me that it is "still on backorder." In the same message, it says that it will be shipped on June 30. We'll see!

Last edited:
DJI posted on their website that the Mini 3 Pro would be available "starting August 2022." I don't know why some people already have it but others don't. Maybe because of a lack of supply?
I think the initial wave of deliveries was to "prime the pump" as Autel had released the Nanos and Evo Lites about the same time as DJI announced the Mini 3, doing so knowing that they had limited production/stock. All the reviewers got them and a few consumers. Releasing a new model with stock shortages is very un-DJI like. As I said in an earlier reply, there seems to be cascading supply chain hangups.

Drones are not the only items that are experiencing a shortage. Here, in the burbs of Chicago, at our favorite large chain grocery store not a bag of Ruffles Potato chips (plain flavor) are to be had for the past week! Baby forumula shortages were at crisis levels. I'm not sure if that has been mitigated as it's been pushed out of the spotlight with other news. While I hope not, I think all sorts of shortages will be the "new normal" for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: JTZ and deanbush
I ordered mine and had it delivered in about a week. Only problem is I'm currently in a different continent to it 😆 I'll be able to play with it in a few weeks' time.

I am wondering if you are having the range issue. It appears the issue is tied to the transmission mode defaulting to and slipping into CE, where it should be in FCC mode when used in North America. It would seem that units intended for distribution in Europe might be the ones that suffer from this, whereas ones built for distribution in the US (and thus waiting until June 29 for release) may not have the issue. Crossing my fingers for that anyway.
Good question, I'll have to look into this.

NOBODY has received any Mini 3's, not just Best Buy.
We simply have a supply chain shortage on multiple levels, from chip manufacturers, to labor shortages in China, so boats sitting off-shore waiting to be unloaded, to waiting on trucks to take shipments to distribution centers. Never before in my life have we had such things.

In general I don't think goods shortages, including food and other necessities will have the kind of unlimited and ready availability for some time. Not having a Mini 3 for a month or two, while disappointing is not the end of the world. Hopefully we can avoid shortages of the necessities that sustain us.
True : 70 % of all Furniture at IKEA is out of stock for the rest of the YEAR :
Cameras, Rims , are all delayed. Were just now starting to see the effects of our Despair.

Thankfully Wet Suit and Rescue Jackets : Next Day shipping

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and wait for the World to Catch up.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
They're in stock here in Aus, I guess drones aren't as popular here.
I have to presume geographically OZ. And, I have to presume you don't have hundreds of ships sitting away from your docks waiting to be unloaded or after waiting for trucks to pick them up and deliver them to distributors. It's a mess here. You never know what you're NOT going to find when you go to the store that availability that you could count on would have been a foregone conclusion in years past.

I wouldn't want to be the logistics manager at DJI (or anyhere else) these days.

Well - I'll relate my Adorama story.
Ordered May 10.
No action until June 21 when my payments became pending.
June 24 I call as the status hadn't changed.
It was explained that the manufacturer couldn't be clear when the delivery would arrive but that it was "immanent".
June 30 I got a notice with tracking number.
A friend in the business explained that many vendors sell something but they direct ship by manufacturer.
He said likely the shipment was in customs and they would be sent to my by DJI when the shipment cleared.
I was also told back on May 10 the expected ship date was estimated to be June 30.
They nailed that for sure.
So a little patience is called for. That said I usually avoid Best Buy as I don't like many of their policies and they engage in deceptive practices. Check out their birthday deals fine print for an example.

I have to presume geographically OZ. And, I have to presume you don't have hundreds of ships sitting away from your docks waiting to be unloaded or after waiting for trucks to pick them up and deliver them to distributors. It's a mess here. You never know what you're NOT going to find when you go to the store that availability that you could count on would have been a foregone conclusion in years past.

I wouldn't want to be the logistics manager at DJI (or anyhere else) these days.
No it's Australia, set your clocks back 10 years when you get here. We're pretty much last to get anything.

DELIVERED! My local camera store here in Texas called today and said my Mini 3 Pro just came in. Still waiting on the Fly More Combo with heavy batteries.

My Mini 3 Pro with DJI RC gets delivered today with the hi-cap battery fly more pkg.
Ordered May 10 so just a couple days shy of 2 months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1