DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI ND Filters

cah

Reactions
My DJI ND filters arrived today.
Is there any science to knowing which one to equip and when, or do I just make a judgement about how bright it is and go with a gut feel?

I know the aim is to get the shutter speed down to a multiple of the framerate, but that sounds pretty complex to work out. Maybe if someone could point me to a good beginners guide to using ND filters with drones? Thanks

My DJI ND filters arrived today.
Is there any science to knowing which one to equip and when, or do I just make a judgement about how bright it is and go with a gut feel?

I know the aim is to get the shutter speed down to a multiple of the framerate, but that sounds pretty complex to work out. Maybe if someone could point me to a good beginners guide to using ND filters with drones? Thanks
You'll develop a feel for it.
Basically expect to use the 64 most often in daytime conditions, the 16 barely ever.

More realistically turn the drone on, look at the exposures then adjust the filters as needed then perform the flight if you really want it.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
If you have an incident light meter then yes. You can get the reading at the ISO you are going to use and then factor in the shutter speed you want at the aperture you want. Other than that you can put the filter on and check out the histogram before you fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun