DJI Neo now available on Amazon

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
The DJI Neo (released today) is now available here on Amazon.

It's available in a drone only package (no remote controller) or combo with extra batteries and other accessories.

1725556438333.png

For me, it's showing a release date of 9-24-2024 with a delivery date of 9-26-2024.

Oh the agony!

Do I pull the trigger on Amazon before their first batch is sold out, thereby delaying shipment further, or do I gamble and wait to see if they prioritized the retail channel and are filling that first.

Nothing here at undisclosed tropical locale 😁 on the Walmart website, so discouraged.

Anyone further east in the US actually see anything in retail stores?

Mine will have to wait. :( I just gave DJI Money BUT for the price it is certainly worth a go. I myself have joined the NEO forum for more details and maybe I can win a free one !!

Reactions: Torque
Pre-ordered the Neo combo pack with no ETA given. This is one of the more exciting pieces of technology I've seen in a while, DJI came out with something I didn't know was possible. Always wished I had an automatous drone for creating more dramatic shots while creating YouTube videos for my ice fishing hobby. The Neo will probably fit in my ice fishing bib pocket.

Oh the agony!

Do I pull the trigger on Amazon before their first batch is sold out, thereby delaying shipment further, or do I gamble and wait to see if they prioritized the retail channel and are filling that first.

Nothing here at undisclosed tropical locale 😁 on the Walmart website, so discouraged.

Anyone further east in the US actually see anything in retail stores?

Amazon wasn't showing any stock on hand early this morning; pre-orders only. They're projecting having inventory on September 24. An order placed this morning from DJI now shows an expected ship date of October 5.

EDIT: Two minutes after submitting this, the ship date now shows as October 6.

I've only heard rumors but I don't have any details. We don't know if there is any inventory of drones in the US or not. Perhaps they are sitting there at the retailer with no green light to sell them until given the ok, estimated word from DJI is Sept 24? Or, the shipments bound for the US are hung up in customs in a California port because the authorities believe there is a ban on DJI products blocking units from coming in? Or maybe the Chinese tariff check bounced and the fees haven't been paid? We just don't know for sure but something is up. Maybe the new RC has no FCC?

If you just gotta have a NEO now, you may be able to go to Canada and bring one back if you must but if there is a block, it will likely be caught. I've seen a few come and go ebay and they surely cost a little bit more but even the one I saw said "may not ship to the US." Something is up! The US *cannot* be the only logistical challenge; again I have NO INFORMATION* but you would naive to believe this has nothing to do with the government. I'm just saying. Is that what they are calling this, a Pre-Order?

I said earlier this nonsense impacts everyone. This is inconvenient, this is unnecessary, and it's b.s. However, it could be China sending a message to US consumers. Either way, this is costly and not the way to do business.

ETA: posted this not because i wanted to stir anything up; please continue to enjoy this amazing product and launch. But a wake up call, let's not forget what is going on. What would it feel like if there were no more new DJI in the USA.

Last edited:
In the EU it is already available to ship! On the official website they claim delivery the 10th!
I'm not getting one yet, just wanted to let you know. In the US it seems to be only available for pre-order for now.

I said earlier this nonsense impacts everyone. This is inconvenient, this is unnecessary, and it's b.s. However, it could be China sending a message to US consumers. Either way, this is costly and not the way to do business.

Geez, a lot of unwarranted negative assumptions there. Have you ever been diectly involved in a product launch before? I have, many times.

When you see a delay like this, you always seem to see a bunch of nefarious, dishonest, Snidely Whiplash types looking to screw their customers for some benefit that's never articulated. If we challenge you, you tell us it's too risky to discuss it or some other nonsense.

When I see something like this unfold, I see a launch plan where something out of their control went sideways, like the supplier of a CPU had problems, or a nasty stubborn software bug is taking too long time to fix.

I've directly encountered the latter in my career in tech countless times. I've never encountered anyone like ol' Snidely, probably because such callous disrespect for customers usually gets you fired. If not, the company won't last long.

Geez, a lot of unwarranted negative assumptions there. Have you ever been diectly involved in a product launch before? I have, many times.

When you see a delay like this, you always seem to see a bunch of nefarious, dishonest, Snidely Whiplash types looking to screw their customers for some benefit that's never articulated. If we challenge you, you tell us it's too risky to discuss it or some other nonsense.

When I see something like this unfold, I see a launch plan where something out of their control went sideways, like the supplier of a CPU had problems, or a nasty stubborn software bug is taking too long time to fix.

I've directly encountered the latter in my career in tech countless times. I've never encountered anyone like ol' Snidely, probably because such callous disrespect for customers usually gets you fired. If not, the company won't last long.
yeah, that must be it.

I've only heard rumors but I don't have any details. We don't know if there is any inventory of drones in the US or not. Perhaps they are sitting there at the retailer with no green light to sell them until given the ok, estimated word from DJI is Sept 24? Or, the shipments bound for the US are hung up in customs in a California port because the authorities believe there is a ban on DJI products blocking units from coming in? Or maybe the Chinese tariff check bounced and the fees haven't been paid? We just don't know for sure but something is up. Maybe the new RC has no FCC?

If you just gotta have a NEO now, you may be able to go to Canada and bring one back if you must but if there is a block, it will likely be caught. I've seen a few come and go ebay and they surely cost a little bit more but even the one I saw said "may not ship to the US." Something is up! The US *cannot* be the only logistical challenge; again I have NO INFORMATION* but you would naive to believe this has nothing to do with the government. I'm just saying. Is that what they are calling this, a Pre-Order?

ETA: posted this not because i wanted to stir anything up; please continue to enjoy this amazing product and launch. But a wake up call, let's not forget what is going on. What would it feel like if there were no more new DJI in the USA.

WOW! WHO KNEW? I thought DJI was just offering pre-orders on a nifty new drone to be delivered in two or three weeks.

I was naively believing that "this has nothing to do with the government." Little did I know that there were horrible things going on and I needed a wake up call and a reminder of some serious threat I'm not even aware of.

Apparently, there's an evil conspiracy of corporations and governments ruthlessly plotting to punish already downtrodden American drone enthusiasts by teasing us with exciting videos while giving preferential delivery treatment to Canada because our government is considering import restrictions. "Something is up!" Is the possible so-called DJI ban expanding to ban DJI from the USA entirely?

I suppose I should be livid about the inconvenient and costly b.s. that's impacting everyone. Nah. Instead, I'm going to see what happens when I pour bourbon over a big ice cube, and then watch the continuation of this all-day rain that's kept the Mavic 3 in the case.

(Hmm. Might the government be steering that big low pressure area in the Gulf this way to punish me for owning too many DJI drones?)

Infinitely more likely than, "hey, let's play games with our loyal customers! Snicker snicker!"
Huh? Are you telling me you think my post blames DJI for this in a nefarious way? Are you honestly telling me my post doesn't come off as anti-government or anti-CCP? That's sorta refreshing...I guess.

WOW! WHO KNEW? I thought DJI was just offering pre-orders on a nifty new drone to be delivered in two or three weeks.

I was naively believing that "this has nothing to do with the government." Little did I know that there were horrible things going on and I needed a wake up call and a reminder of some serious threat I'm not even aware of.

Apparently, there's an evil conspiracy of corporations and governments ruthlessly plotting to punish already downtrodden American drone enthusiasts by teasing us with exciting videos while giving preferential delivery treatment to Canada because our government is considering import restrictions. "Something is up!" Is the possible "DJI ban" expanding to ban DJI from the USA entirely?

I suppose I should be livid about the inconvenient and costly b.s. that's impacting everyone. Nah. Instead, I'm going to see what happens when I pour bourbon over a big ice cube, and then watch the continuation of this all-day rain that's kept the Mavic 3 in the case.

(Hmm. Might the government be steering that big low pressure area in the Gulf this way to punish me for owning too many DJI drones?)
We just don't know.

We just don't know.

We also don't know if their are flying invisible pigs spying on us.

But I have a pretty good guess at the answer...

pinkfloydpig.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWaterOps