DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI No Fly Zones

Hello. I'm new to this thread and issue. Is it the case that DJI is mistakenly or intentionally blocking legitimate airspace? Or are people looking for hacks that allow the drones to fly in restricted areas? ty.
Both.... with respect to the first scenario it would seem to be unintentional. Those looking for hacks would seem to be more intent on regulating their own use without seeking the assistance of DJI.

Have drone manufacturers ever been held responsible for accidents?
I don’t think you are asking the right question. Consider this- do you think DJI might stand a better chance of avoiding regulators restricting hobby/toy drone use if they demonstrate their products are engineered in a way to make reckless flight more difficult?

Exactly. They are doing the best they can to make their product safe (which also protects them from liability). Without knowing a lot about it, it seems to me the right thing for them to do.

Exactly. They are doing the best they can to make their product safe (which also protects them from liability). Without knowing a lot about it, it seems to me the right thing for them to do.
Exactly? My suspicion isn’t that it is a liability issue, at least not principally (although it could be). I can’t see how you might think that was my point. It seems the main intent is to demonstrate their sUAV can’t be flown in hazardous/sensitive areas without the PIC demonstrating they have the appropriate approval and/or they have accepted they are aware of the hazards (subject to the area).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertexshope11