DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI now discounting Air 3s

DanJ

Reactions
I just saw this morning that DJI in the US is discounting Air 3 combos by 20%.
Sadly this is not available in Canada. Yet.
Could this be DJI clearing out stock to make room for the Air 4 or Air 3S?

Since we could have a drone with the model number Air 3S, the current drones are Air 3's and I wouldn't call 20% a clearance but more likely just another sale. DJI calls it the Half-Yearly Sale and it appears to be for a limited time. Clearance would likely be a permanent price drone until all supplies have dwindled. Usually it's the retailers that start clearing out the older models first because DJI has a tendency to allow multiple models of the same family to live on at the same time (concurrently). My guess is the Air 3 and the Air 3S/Air 4 would continue to live together at DJI for a year or longer. I think the whole "make room for...." deal is not really applicable for manufacturers since they seem to still have room for the old Air 2 and applies mostly to retailers like Best Buy who can only show so many drones on the shelf at once; still these days, big box retailers don't have to clear out anything, they just send it back to the manufacturer whatever doesn't sell. ;)

Looking forward to the 20% off on Avata 2 one day.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Since we could have a drone with the model number Air 3S, the current drones are Air 3's and I wouldn't call 20% a clearance but more likely just another sale. DJI calls it the Half-Yearly Sale and it appears to be for a limited time. Clearance would likely be a permanent price drone until all supplies have dwindled. Usually it's the retailers that start clearing out the older models first because DJI has a tendency to allow multiple models of the same family to live on at the same time (concurrently). My guess is the Air 3 and the Air 3S/Air 4 would continue to live together at DJI for a year or longer. I think the whole "make room for...." deal is not really applicable for manufacturers since they seem to still have room for the old Air 2 and applies mostly to retailers like Best Buy who can only show so many drones on the shelf at once; still these days, big box retailers don't have to clear out anything, they just send it back to the manufacturer whatever doesn't sell. ;)

Looking forward to the 20% off on Avata 2 one day.
With leaks starting to show up now (and convince me that these DJI "leakers" arent working for DJI) I think that a 3S or 4 is on the horizon.

With leaks starting to show up now (and convince me that these DJI "leakers" arent working for DJI) I think that a 3S or 4 is on the horizon.
I don’t think an Air 3 successor will be released anytime soon. Especially if it is the next gen Air 4 and not merely an Air 3 upgrade.
Yep I believe the new drone is coming soon, too. Just wish it were the Mavic 3 Pro. Need to get the Mavic off O3 and into O4, Air is already there.

Reactions: DanJ
It is tempting but I hear the image quality isn't necessarily better than my M2P, because of the lack of aperture control and smaller sensor.

Main sensor same as the Mini 3/4 Pro's (though think can record in slightly higher bit rate), the 3x zoom camera looks useful as does the better wind resistance, apparently can fly pretty fast too, plus charging hub can use another battery to charge/top of others. Personally I would get a mavic 3 pro instead as that has far better cameras and another 7x too (which is apparently usable now) though a different proposition and cost... but I think a good compromise so to speak if you don't need the best main camera.

Yeah I wish the Mavic 3 series was getting the O4 treatment next. The Air already has it and the FPV is done and the Mini has it and their best drone should be next *before* anything else. Do it before they get caught up in a silly ban of some sort.

Then it won't be the Mavic 3, but the next model, if... In reality, all the Mavic 3 really needs is a faster GPS lock.

Yeah I wish the Mavic 3 series was getting the O4 treatment next. The Air already has it and the FPV is done and the Mini has it and their best drone should be next *before* anything else. Do it before they get caught up in a silly ban of some sort.
I think that it's coming.
With the Mavic 3 Classic having been reduced a few weeks ago I think that it is only a matter of time before we start seeing discounts on the Mavic 3 Pro to make room for the Mavic 4 Pro.

Reactions: mavic3usa
But why would they be discounting the Air 3, which is newer than the Mavic 3 variants?

Are they also discounting the Mavic 3 Classic or Pro?
The Mavic 3 Classic is already lower priced than when it launched, I don't think it's eligible for the "big sale." And since it's the only Mavic 3 left, I think it's doing fine as the alternative for those who don't want the Pro. My guess is the Mavic 3 Pro is too big a deal to give it any sort of meaningful discount.

These sales are not tied to new launches so I wouldn't look at it that way because it would be confusing. Unlike product line-ups with other electronics, DJI drones live together very well so there's no need to "blow out" the previous drone to make room for something new. DJI needs as many Minis as they can get since there are tons of them still around that need to be repaired, replaced, etc. When a customer walks into a store or looks at drones online, they're not supposed to recognize when one drone launched vs another (outside their model range). They should choose based on their needs and their budget and if that means not one of the newer models, that's ok.

Look at the DJI FPV, the price on that drone hit the bottom several times, they practically gave you the drone if you bought the Goggles and the controller. Still only rumors about FPV2. So the FPV lives on like it just launched yesterday and that drone came out more than 3 years ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avivf377