DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An Air 3 clone, rebrand, or a DJI manufacturer "pirated" it? The mysterious new Specta Air Drone!

the question is very good
this may be just 1st attempt to avoid bans

in fact if the us want to ban the dji products they will ban everything that looks like dji no matter of the branding

and dji will not sell to a us company, their world market is big enough to survive a us ban imo
not that i see any us company that will want to buy dji

i dont see a forced deal applying to this, just a simple ban

on the other hand if dji considered to release a rebranded product may mean that they have some real infos about the future ban or that they think that is very probable to happen
Doubtful lawmakers would never in a million years know what to look for.

From my DJI contact, "This certainly tops the list of the weird questions I've received all week! That does look exactly like Air 3…Thanks so much for flagging this to me and sharing the context. Let me look into it!"

I'll share more when she gets back to me.
It has to be because of a possible ban,what else could it be.As this was released at about the same time the ban issue was heating up.

It has to be because of a possible ban,what else could it be.As this was released at about the same time the ban issue was heating up.
I'm sure it took one year, maybe even two years, to conceive of and ultimately launch the clone. Have we been talking about a DJI ban for that long?

I'm sure it took one year, maybe even two years, to conceive of and ultimately launch the clone. Have we been talking about a DJI ban for that long?
It probably took less than a year to spin up these companies. The longest part of them was setting up an account with the FCC and getting their drones through the FCC approval process.

It's a moot point, Representative Stefanik and Senator Rubio have gone on record to say this will not bypass the DJI sanctions

Sen. Rubio said:
“Any drone affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party should be on the Federal Communications Commission Covered List, regardless of which brand name it is sold under.”

Rep. Stefanik said:
“This desperate attempt to evade tariffs and sanctions is futile, DJI and all of its shell companies will be held accountable.”

The language used in Stefanik's bill doesn't limit the sanctions to DJI-branded drones.

Countering CCP Drones Act said:
‘‘(A) telecommunications or video surveillance equipment produced by Shenzhen Da Jiang Innovations Sciences and Technologies
Company Limited (commonly known as ‘DJI Technologies’) (or any subsidiary or affiliate thereof); or
‘‘(B) telecommunications or video surveil16 lance services provided by an entity described in subparagraph (A) or using equipment described in such subparagraph.’’.

It doesn't matter what color or label the Specta or Anzu drones are, they are using DJI motherboards and would be already covered by the "Countering CCP Drones Act" or its NDAA equivalent.

It probably took less than a year to spin up these companies. The longest part of them was setting up an account with the FCC and getting their drones through the FCC approval process.
WHAT IS ANZU ROBOTICS?
Anzu Robotics is an American owned and operated commercial drone manufacturer with its headquarters in Austin, Texas. After more than a year of negotiations and development, Anzu Robotics launched its first platforms, the Raptor and Raptor T, in April of 2024.

I think my point is people expect American companies to simply pop up out of nowhere and start making American drones equal to or better than DJI....ain't going to happen in 10 years.

WHAT IS ANZU ROBOTICS?
Anzu Robotics is an American owned and operated commercial drone manufacturer with its headquarters in Austin, Texas. After more than a year of negotiations and development, Anzu Robotics launched its first platforms, the Raptor and Raptor T, in April of 2024.

I think my point is people expect American companies to simply pop up out of nowhere and start making American drones equal to or better than DJI....ain't going to happen in 10 years.
Take a look at the FCC paperwork for Anzu. For the Raptor, they have documents with internal photos. Go to page 15 of this one.

1718541612397.png

You can see the DJI branding. Congress would not need to use another bill to amend the Secure and Trusted Communications Networks Act of 2019 in order to sanction companies like Anzu. The existing language of the bill covers any company using radios or cameras made by DJI.

Anzu Robotics are not a drone manufacturer. They are assembling drones made from the DJI parts that are will be voted on for sanctions by Congress. Anzu is not using the DJI app to control the drone, they went with Aloft, which in theory would eliminate the security of data going to China. But since this bill was never about the actual technology being a security risk, it won't matter.

I like the idea of something like Anzu Robotics. Take an excellant platform and provide a different software experience out of the box and use that to address customer needs.

The Countering CCP Drones Act was introduced to Congress almost 2-1/2 years ago. You'd be surprised at how slow many things move through the Federal/State/County/City governments.

Reactions: anotherlab
Not even an established manufacturer like Skydio can come up with a drone and get it market in under a year; this is what DJI is up against:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not even an established manufacturer like Skydio can come up with a drone and get it market in under a year; this is what DJI is up against:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
They keep mentioning Military usage, what about the recreational pilot?

They keep mentioning Military usage, what about the recreational pilot?
By blocking DJI from getting FCC approval for new equipment, it removes new models of DJI drones from the US market. That would include the recreational pilot.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersister300