DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Specta Air / DJI Air 3 Clone Deep Dive Video (Firmware, Software, Metadata) (Cogito Tech)

jaystechvault

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Hey all,
I actually got ahold of one of these drones and was able to do a lot with it: (Hack into menus, firmware, etc) to find its a DJI drone at its core. I do wonder a lot about why this drone exists, how they get ahold of these parts, source code, and supply chains.

I made a pretty thorough technical deep dive here:

This is pretty much like if a rebranded iPhone showed up somewhere, its just impossible without a serious compromise of DJI's security or unless it is sanctioned directly by DJI (To avoid their brand name in the Ukraine war, to sell in the US, ect). Also could be possible that China required DJI to hand over their schematics, files, etc and is trying to cash in on the drones.

Who knows I would love to hear your thoughts. If you want me to try anything, or want to see anything I'll do my best to respond to inquiries.

Hey all,
I actually got ahold of one of these drones and was able to do a lot with it: (Hack into menus, firmware, etc) to find its a DJI drone at its core. I do wonder a lot about why this drone exists, how they get ahold of these parts, source code, and supply chains.

This is pretty much like if a rebranded iPhone showed up somewhere, its just impossible without a serious compromise of DJI's security or unless it is sanctioned directly by DJI (To avoid their brand name in the Ukraine war, to sell in the US, ect). Also could be possible that China required DJI to hand over their schematics, files, etc and is trying to cash in on the drones.

Who knows I would love to hear your thoughts. If you want me to try anything, or want to see anything I'll do my best to respond to inquiries.
old news :)

old news :)

Been following these Specta/DJI videos in YouTube and really, for just a couple hundred more, get the real thing.
As to “why” this thing exists, there’s all kind of theories out there. Personally, I’m not in the market to buy either one of these drones right now anyway, but kind of interesting to follow the stories.

Maybe it's a DJI drone branded under another name that MAY be made in the USA? Since our wonderful Washington non functioning group just might ban DJI. Spectra will flurish!

Hey all,

do they make a "rc-n1"? is the specta app available on google play? does it have geo zone restrictions? will it work with dji parts such as an esc or gimbal component? what happens if you were to plug it into dji assistant? can i remove height limits with drone hacks?
thanks.

Maybe it's a DJI drone branded under another name that MAY be made in the USA?
The Specta Air is apparently made (assembled) in Malaysia, and there will be a Specta Mini soon. They are of course rebranded DJI drones, but the million dollar question is why DJI are doing this? What plans do they have? Interesting times ahead :)

The Specta Air is apparently made (assembled) in Malaysia, and there will be a Specta Mini soon. They are of course rebranded DJI drones, but the million dollar question is why DJI are doing this? What plans do they have? Interesting times ahead :)
If the Bill goes through banning all DJI drones, then it is a wise move to rebrand under another name and made in Malaysia, not China. You owe me $1,000,000. :)

If the Bill goes through banning all DJI drones, then it is a wise move to rebrand under another name and made in Malaysia, not China. You owe me $1,000,000. :)
But I thought about it first! HAH! ;)

Hey all,

Specta is made in Malaysia. You all heard by now,DJI will be banned from the United States in a few weeks. The bill for that has been signed.
They opened a place in Malaysia to build drones that are not made in China.
My thoughts that that is a way for DJI to get around that very expensive American problem

Specta is made in Malaysia. You all heard by now,DJI will be banned from the United States in a few weeks. The bill for that has been signed.
They opened a place in Malaysia to build drones that are not made in China.
My thoughts that that is a way for DJI to get around that very expensive American problem
Where did you find out that the bill has been signed

I don't know what they mean by the bill has been signed. My understanding is that it passed the House Committee and will now go to the house floor. It is far from being a law although there seems to be bipartisan support for it.
What you just mentioned is the same thing I heard.

I don't know what they mean by the bill has been signed. My understanding is that it passed the House Committee and will now go to the house floor. It is far from being a law although there seems to be bipartisan support for it.
Sorry I worded that wrong. It has not passed but all signs point to it.

Hey all,

So my thoughts are…. DJI is being pro active by allowing Specta to produce the
Mavic 3 and the Mini4 Pro right behind. Specta is manufactured in Malaysia
If the US signs the bill, DJI is done in the USA but can fly on as a Malaysian product. Then DJI may sell a Specta app that is compatible with US DJI products.
Problem solved. I hope.

Reactions: Capt KO
Mine is a perfect fit between my mini 3 pro and my MAVIC 3 Classic. I am going to take it out for a obstacle avoidance test tomorrow. I have already noticed the connection is cleaner for the same distance as my Classic. I The 70mm is great. I also use the split ND filter. 8 on the tele and 16 on the wide. Saves having to readjust aperture. Just picked up my hard case , prop strap, and anti-collision light.
As far as the politics . Sounds like an answer to our typical government over-reach. China could use them for spying. Child please. I am not even connected to the internet when flying using the RC controllers. Of course my cell phone that I carry with me into government buildings even though not a Samsung, still has enough Chinese electronics, as does my television, microwave, translator, etc.
Of course, so do all the Foreign cars assembled here now in order for those companies like Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Mercedes, and BMW to avoid the import tariffs. Hmmmmm.
Congrats Cogito. Great product.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_132046504.jpg
    IMG_20240331_132046504.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240331_132024689.jpg
    IMG_20240331_132024689.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: rickmurray1989
So my thoughts are…. DJI is being pro active by allowing Specta to produce the
Mavic 3 and the Mini4 Pro right behind. Specta is manufactured in Malaysia
If the US signs the bill, DJI is done in the USA but can fly on as a Malaysian product. Then DJI may sell a Specta app that is compatible with US DJI products.
Problem solved. I hope.
The question now becomes: if an overall ban on Chinese 'prosumer' drones is enacted: does the Federal Government reimburse the purchase costs incurred by people buying these products BEFORE the ban is enforced?

• Haha
Reactions: Xi Zhou
They will just push until they force the US' hand and they will overplay as usual. Saying "No drones with Chinese parts. period" Which will shut down all drones. Now it's time for the research. Can anyone tell me which US made drones priced even close to DJI with most(not all) of the features, that are not linked to a network. (Easily hacked). Then we will hear the rebuttals come in. It is like Billy Kyle says. : DJI has done everything the government asked and they replied . Yes you have, We are banning you anyway.
I j purchased a payload delivery unit for my Specta Air. Just need to remember to de-arm the lower sensors so the payload won't cause the drone to continually rise. I am ordering the Restube brand self inflating life preservers. might come in handy at the beach.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne