DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI official Mavic sun hood

I bought mine on Amazon, wasn't cheap though. It will be here tomorrow. Oh, I purchased the official DJI one, hoping it works.

did anyone get the DJI hood yet? i cant seem to find it in the usa. maybe have to order it from china. I use a 7" tablet that fits in the stock mavic controller arms and cant seem to find anything else that will work.

Got mine yesterday. Haven't tried it yet...unique design it connected to the antennas. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Where do I put my hands if I want to reach the sticks? Those corners are right where the meat of my thumb carpals are.
I will have to check mine out tomorrow, I don't remember it impairing my ability to control the sticks. I don't think it comes down that far.

I got my DJI hood in just 2 days. seems like it should work okay with a 7 inch tablet. but not big enough if you have a tablet bracket with a larger 8 inch tablet. I will try it out more when we get more sun. also the top flap does have magnets that hold it in place when you fold it back.

I got my DJI hood in just 2 days. seems like it should work okay with a 7 inch tablet. but not big enough if you have a tablet bracket with a larger 8 inch tablet. I will try it out more when we get more sun. also the top flap does have magnets that hold it in place when you fold it back.
Did you get a new version maybe, can you post a pic? Mine doesn't have any magnets at all, just a couple of velcro strips for holding it open.

I got the same one is you, the magnets are hidden inside, you can flip the top flap forward to maybe view your screen better? I probably wont ever do that but the feature is there. look at this pic. You will see how it flips and magnets hold it flipped back.
large_4d439989-5ada-4eba-ac52-eda2520d1b51.jpg

Last edited:
where did you buy it, i can only find it from dji in china. is there a part number that can help my search?

New DJI Monitor Hoods/Sunshade are now IN STOCK and ready to ship from our LA warehouse.

You'll find them here: DJI Mavic Remote Controller Monitor Hood – Part 28

As always, free shipping within the US on all orders over $150 and orders place by 4pm PST ship same day. ALL other Mavic accessories are in stock as well, including Mavic Batteries.

Safe and happy flying!
-The Advexure Team

I just got mine but won't be able to try it out until the weekend. It's much nicer than it looks in the picture. Made of similar materials to the Apple iPad case. It is a bit weird that it mounts on the antennas. I assume DJI knows what they are doing and that it doesn't affect the signal. I'll comment again once I have had a chance to use it.

Really? Here we are carefully shedding car keys, watches and anything magnetic that could interfere with the RC, and DJI put magnets in their sun shield!

:mad: been removing my iphone from its case everytime because it has a magnet on the back:confused:

Really? Here we are carefully shedding car keys, watches and anything magnetic that could interfere with the RC, and DJI put magnets in their sun shield!
Mine doesn't have any magnets, I would be cautious if yours does. Mine has small velcro strips and not magnets, are there 2 versions? Can someone take a pic of the magnets (or area where they are)?

Mine doesn't have any magnets, I would be cautious if yours does. Mine has small velcro strips and not magnets, are there 2 versions? Can someone take a pic of the magnets (or area where they are)?

Hey Motley, I just got my hood today, the magnets are inside the top of the hood when opened, the very front piece of the top can be folded back and is held there with a magnet. Otherwise it is held open with velcro.

95ccb88f1ab9996fcf96f5e92f76f720.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

the magnets are inside the top of the hood when opened, the very front piece of the top can be folded back and is held there with a magnet.
There are also magnets at the front corner of each side piece, as well as the four magnets on the edge of the top flap and four more across the back of the top piece.
Amazingly so far it doesn't seem to cause any magnetic interference with the RC.

Motley, look at my post above, they all have magnets inside you just cant see them, fold your visor like my pic above and you will feel the magnets grab.

Thanks, I will take another look at mine. I am guessing they are there but I just didn't notice since I have barely used it (no sun here lately).

Has anyone used any of these sunshades/hoods to comment on their effectiveness?
I used one for my Phantom 2. I would never leave home without it! I ordered the official DJI version for the Mavic, posted at the top of this thread, as I'm not a fan of the versions that just cover the phone - since the RC has a screen as well. When flying my P2 there were times when I couldn't see either my FPV or Futaba RC screens while I was standing in direct sunlight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev