DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI officially confirms - no plans for waypoints and dual control...

I have to agree with other posters on here somewhere. I don't understand the x-mas connection? Do you really think people are gifting Mavic 3s in the thousands to their kids and spouses? I just don't see that happening, but I could be very wrong of course.
(If that's the case, we can safely assume its a Magic 3, not a PRO. Intended for recreational, albeit wealthy users)
I am starting a new chant..."Let's go DJI-don, let's go DJI don, let's go DJI don"

Dale

Reactions: thispilothere
Waypoint flying is very important for my work. We typically use Pix4DCapture though. My company bought the Mavic 3 with hopes that it will eventually have the capability of waypoint flight. Call us optimistic! It seems likely that DJI will release the SDK at some point. And maybe they will provide support for the Mavic 3 in DJI GS Pro or some new software product. It doesn’t have to be in in the Fly app. In the meantime, we still have a Mavic 2 Pro.

Four things:
1. Welcome to the forum, Kywon. Hope it's helpful to you.
2. Litchi will probably come out with an app for the MP3 that includes Waypoints, yes? I use Litchi for WP on my MP2 and it's great.
3. I wish Litchi would fill in the other big blank on the later-gen MPs -- namely Course Lock. Wonder why they haven't?
4. Happy to sit tight with my MP2 and not spend a ton of money for a half-baked "upgrade." Better to spend a little more and get an Inspire.

There are just so many Business reasons why they needed to do this:
#1: Beat the Evo 3 Release
#2: Not worry about shipping Restrictions do to Covid spreading again..
#3: So many ports with containers going nowhere and xmas coming to bring it to a halt again.
#4: A bird in the hand is better than waiting for a cage. lol something like that.
#5: Slow down the number of sales , until they can once again meet full supply for order flow.
#6: Apple was the first to pull this stunt and there students of Apple , lol
#7: My favorite : Allow third Party makers a jump start for when the avalanche begins. :cool:
#8: Test the water with the Cine to see how they should set supply markers
#9: Create a whirlwind of Media before releasing the Fireworks and there sold out .
10: I would not be surprised if we get the update a lot sooner than January as Xmas is just to big of a bundle of cash to pass up even for DJI .
11: If the software is not everything it needs to be , the Return of the Mavic 3 will make national headlines. lol
12: Yep , other I am sure have some ideas also.

Defender of the DJI universe
Phantomrain.org
Love your #4 Hahaha

I have to agree with other posters on here somewhere. I don't understand the x-mas connection? Do you really think people are gifting Mavic 3s in the thousands to their kids and spouses? I just don't see that happening, but I could be very wrong of course.
(If that's the case, we can safely assume its a Magic 3, not a PRO. Intended for recreational, albeit wealthy users)
I don't see the connection either but you have to remember that Christmas is when we, the average bloke, tend to get a little looser with our pocket books. 😁

This is a first generation drone model. I've been burned by the Mini and Air 2 where they were followed by a new generation with months of their respective releases.
I think I'll wait for the New Gen model Mavic 3X. 😊

Reactions: Starz
Those doing mapping would love to see flight times approach 60 minutes if not more. Waypoints do not necessarily mean BVLOS. That is something that seems to occur with or without waypoints.

Just sounds like a hobbled system that costs too much money for what you are getting. If the SDK was released along with the system it might be a different story. At least third parties would be able to supplement the usability of the system.

I’m starting to think I would like to fork out $3000 for the privilege of being a Mavic 3 beta tester. NOT!
If this is true, it is a huge disappointmen and the reason that i will never spend the $ on another DJI drone. Virtual sticks is a very poor substitute at best. My MP1 was a far more capable drone that this cash guzzler. I am amazed that DJI thinks this drone is worth more than $1000.

Why release a product that has so many things unfinished and not be clear about what will be added at a later date. I call foul!
It has been made clear on what will be added at a later date,just check the sights.
They felt they had to release the M3 to cash in on early Christmas sales for one.Makes perfect sense,they are a
company that's what companies do to make money.After January of 2022 when they have all the updated firmware
for the M3 the goofy whining will ,wow what a surprise all of a sudden stop when it becomes the best you can buy.

It has been made clear on what will be added at a later date,just check the sights.
They felt they had to release the M3 to cash in on early Christmas sales for one.Makes perfect sense,they are a
company that's what companies do to make money.After January of 2022 when they have all the updated firmware
for the M3 the goofy whining will ,wow what a surprise all of a sudden stop when it becomes the best you can buy.
I will still be stuck with no use for my SC

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock