DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI PHANTOM 5 - Why This Drone Will Never Happen

While I would agree there is no need whatsoever for a phantom 5 given the folding more compact platform of the Mavic and the Autel Evo series type folding drones, with that being said at the CES Show the DJI representative I talked to said marketing says yes Engineers say no... So whatever the heck that means?!

While I would agree there is no need whatsoever for a phantom 5 given the folding more compact platform of the Mavic and the Autel Evo series type folding drones, with that being said at the CES Show the DJI representative I talked to said marketing says yes Engineers say no... So whatever the heck that means?!

Interesting. I would guess that means that marketing says "the Phantom 5 must do *this*" and engineering is saying "that's not quite possible yet". Marketing would almost certainly have a wishlist of requirements to position a Phantom 5 between the inevitable Mavic 3 and whatever is intended for the Inspire, so I wonder what the stumbling block might be that's preventing a compromise?

Given DJI felt the need for a re-release of the Phantom 4 and levels of interest around here, it's not like a Phantom 5 wasn't going to sell like hotcakes once it shipped after all.

I think there done with the phantom series is because most hobbyists like a drone thats compact and foldable easy to carry like cellphones once big then small know medium size

Reactions: Drone UK
I think there done with the phantom series is because most hobbyists like a drone thats compact and foldable easy to carry like cellphones once big then small know medium size

yeh exactly my point.

In all honesty i dont think its long before us drone hobbiest have to go to some specific field/land to fly. Depressing and no point having a drone if that ever happens

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair