DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji photo folder disappeared

Plugging the tablet into my computer tells me two things......
Those 2 folders are definitely in the app, and my old files are nowhere to be found.

FWIW... and this won’t help you find the pics/vids you’re looking for... here’s my routine which has not failed me ever... albeit I’m a bit OC.

First- I use a fresh or freshly reformatted card for each flight.... 64GB SD cards are cheap compared to my memories. I never let the drone use the factory memory to save anything I do.
Second- When I transfer to my computer HD I put the card in an adapter and insert it directly. When it opens there are two folders. Inside one is the file with all the picks and vids in a folder called Media100. Transfer the intact folder..... I previously created a folder to contain all these files and named it plus put an alias on my desktop for easy access. I DL the intact folder with the media. This allows redundancy of the media since it backs up to my peripheral backup drive.
Third- then I eject the card and verify working file transfer. I do have to give the OK to open the files to my computer as it sees DJI as an unknown developer.... after everything checks out I rename the downloaded folder by appending the date.
Fourth- I duplicate any media files I’m going to edit and move them to a subfolder before modifying.
Finally, I reinsert the card into my M2P and delete the contents. At intervals I may choose to reformat, which I do in the drone. Now I can edit the media as desired, and have dual redundancy of all of it.

OK, it’s overkill.... and admittedly won’t find your files. I just hope you’ll consider this type of process to avoid future heartbreak over lost media.
Best of luck in finding your stuff

Reactions: Bill Coralline
Probably a dumb, inexperienced question here, but I have to ask.
I bought my Zoom used, could the previous owner have access to all the stuff associated with this drone and app?

I'm not aware of any picture/video folder on the tablet for the zoom.
What's the full path of the folders you are referring to?

Example:
The video cache is stored here:
/dji/dji.go.v4/dji_record

I did find /dji album/ under the app parent folder containing some old pictures. That might be from using Editor in the app.
No videos though.

If you're throwing the full videos from the SD card into the cache folder, that's subject to cleanup based on app cache settings.

In further inspection, I believe the folders OP is referring to may be related to the Go editor. I don't recommend manually adding files to the folders controlled by the app editor as your sole copy. Who knows how the app uses those folders.

Yes it's from the Go app, no I wasn't putting them in the cache folder.
And I'm definitely not using the folders controlled by the app anymore, everyone who's read this thread, knows how that turned out for me. Thanks

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne