DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot -> Beep function to find drone

martinhgps

Reactions
I did not see this elsewhere, just in case I share it.
While I do not use it, "DJI Pilot" among other things has the advantage that it has an option that we can order the drone to make beeps and flashes of the LEDs, so that in case of loss we can locate it better if it were in a tree , tall grass, etc.
It is important, in the case of a remote flight, to be able to approach the lost drone with the Lat / Long coordinates or with "find my drone" tools within the DJI app.

If you were using another app, you would close it, open DJI Pilot and use this function to be in the vicinity of the drone.

I will greatly appreciate your comments, opinions or suggestions.

I made this video (Short & spanish, but easy to understand feature)

Reactions: EdDuran
My Spanish is not the best, but I wonder how long this feature would be functional if a drone was lost during a low battery return to home scenario?

Nelson

My Spanish is not the best, but I wonder how long this feature would be functional if a drone was lost during a low battery return to home scenario?

Nelson

Thanks for your comment. I guess not much. I guess the battery should last a lot more with the engines off. I'm going to do the test at some point. I'm thinking of taking the time with a timer from which you have a remaining 5% and see how long it stays on. Maybe it's encouraging ...

In the Go4 app when you go to find my drone, you can press on the drone icon and tell it to beep and flash its lights. You have to still have rc connection to the drone though.

In the Go4 app when you go to find my drone, you can press on the drone icon and tell it to beep and flash its lights. You have to still have rc connection to the drone though.

Thank you very much, I did not know.

Thanks for your comment. I guess not much. I guess the battery should last a lot more with the engines off. I'm going to do the test at some point. I'm thinking of taking the time with a timer from which you have a remaining 5% and see how long it stays on. Maybe it's encouraging ...

Some free advice for you, my friend. These batteries are not meant to be run down to 0% or even close. Doing so will severely reduce the number of useful cycles, in addition to an increased likelihood of erratic behavior or unexpected battery faliure at some point. You should consider 20% as zero point and have the motors shut off at that point.

Consider setting your low battery warning to something realistic like 45% which allows plenty of remaining capacity to return home. Although, if you fly out with the wind and turn home into the wind with 45% battery remaining the chance of landing at the take off point is unlikely.

Reactions: IgorD2
Some free advice for you, my friend. These batteries are not meant to be run down to 0% or even close. Doing so will severely reduce the number of useful cycles, in addition to an increased likelihood of erratic behavior or unexpected battery faliure at some point. You should consider 20% as zero point and have the motors shut off at that point.

Consider setting your low battery warning to something realistic like 45% which allows plenty of remaining capacity to return home. Although, if you fly out with the wind and turn home into the wind with 45% battery remaining the chance of landing at the take off point is unlikely.

The minimum % can be taken with a grain of salt. The point of no return for lipo batteries start at around 3.2v per cell. At 0% battery the cell voltages are still around 3.4v. I have 3 batteries that are over 200 cycles each and they have been to 0% and regularly below 20%. Dji has a reserve programmed into the batteries. When it hits 0% you can still keep on flying for a little while until it totally runs out of power but by then its toast.

Reactions: WAXMAN

Thank you IgorD2 ! I Really appreciate you comments. You are right!

The minimum % can be taken with a grain of salt. The point of no return for lipo batteries start at around 3.2v per cell. At 0% battery the cell voltages are still around 3.4v. I have 3 batteries that are over 200 cycles each and they have been to 0% and regularly below 20%. Dji has a reserve programmed into the batteries. When it hits 0% you can still keep on flying for a little while until it totally runs out of power but by then its toast.
Thank you Waxman!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard