DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Price Increase

johnie

Reactions
I see DJI have increased their prices on all their products.

I wonder if all dealers will honor pre-order prices. Heliguy in the UK are according to their email this morning.

New prices
Mavic Pro £1099
Fly More £1359

I see DJI have increased their prices on all their products.

I wonder if all dealers will honor pre-order prices. Heliguy in the UK are according to their email this morning.

New prices
Mavic Pro £1099
Fly More £1359

Yeah I just got this from heliguy, wonder if it's to stop people cancelling orders and buying again at a later date?

I'm guessing it might be an exchange rate thing, I'm not sure what the current prices of all the other products were but I know a couple of them and they also went up.
but I first thought they were cashing in on the Karma getting recalled :)

Just checked the USA price and it's still $999
Current conversion rate ($-£) makes USA price £804.01.
In others words, DJI are treating the UK like idiots.
(Not just Mavic - all products gone up in DJI store)

Reactions: thefrisbee995
If the US price has remained the same then it could well be the exchange rate, it's pretty poor here at the moment.
We do normally get treated like idiots though with everything usually $ = £ even back years ago when it was nearly 2 dollars to the pound.

Reactions: thefrisbee995
I did wonder how long it would take to go up in price as we always get shafted in the UK as its never been a true $ to £ conversion .... I will be extremely P***ed if when my order is ready to ship they want extra payment...

It doesn't surprise me seeing as how hard the pound is tanking after brexit. It's only going to get worse as the enormity of breaking away from the EU becomes clear.

It was mentioned a week or so back via a couple of suppliers so it's not a surprise. It's extremely annoying though so often we get ripped off in the UK and the exchange rate is just the latest in a long list of excuses for it.

purely on a supply and demand basis they could get away with increasing their prices.. on a business basis it figures to me that they will increase their prices.. they would be foolish not to.. :)

trog

ps.. i did order my mavic from a chinese dealer at chinese dollar conversion prices.. the $999 US dollars converted to about £804 pounds.. but i do expected to pay 20% VAT and a handling charge on top of this when the item arrives in the UK..

Last edited:
purely on a supply and demand basis they could get away with increasing their prices.. on a business basis it figures to me that they will increase their prices.. they would be foolish not to.. :)

trog

If it was a worldwide price increase it wouldn't be so annoying. If anything I think they've sold it too cheap. But it seems it's just a price hike for us Brits, who never complain.

trog

ps.. i did order my mavic from a chinese dealer at chinese dollar conversion prices.. the $999 US dollars converted to about £804 pounds.. but i do expected to pay 20% VAT and a handling charge on top of this when the item arrives in the UK..

when i first started buying from china it was 2 dollars to the pound.. even allowing for the VAT charge on top considerable savings could be made.. with the exchange rate at what it is this no longer applies.. the saving if any will be minimal.. UK cost for tech stuff which is all made in china will just have to go up.. there is no way around this..

dealer first have to pay the higher chinese price and then add their own mark up.. everything we buy first has to be paid for in US dollars..

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS