DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji quite props.

Djr01974

Reactions
I’m wondering if anyone has gas this problem and if so what is your solution
I got a new set of DJI Mavic platinum quite props for my Mavic Pro and after the install I’m getting a gimbal hop / shake with a abnormal vibration warning on my screen. I did a search and found a you tube video about oiling the pins for the props so they move easier. I put the stock props on and the problem goes away. I know this isn’t a normal thing but has anyone done the lube of the pin thing ?

Nope ... This is nothing to do with oiling pins! The non-standard 'quiet' prop's sometimes cause feedback 'Gain' issues on Mavic Pro (not 'Platinum') models.
Have a look at this vid' that describes your problem and what needs to be done to sort it ... NOTE the cautions that are given in this video, and make a note of all settings that you adjust, before you change them!!

Reactions: WAXMAN
^^^^^^Did not watch the 13 minutes video since that person is just trying hard to get money by having such a long video.

Yes I had this issue. It seemed to go away after my next flight. Probably has to do with the props needing to break in the joints are probably a little stiff causing the props to not fully expand out in the proper way. Issue has never come back.

I’m wondering if anyone has gas this problem and if so what is your solution
I got a new set of DJI Mavic platinum quite props for my Mavic Pro and after the install I’m getting a gimbal hop / shake with a abnormal vibration warning on my screen. I did a search and found a you tube video about oiling the pins for the props so they move easier. I put the stock props on and the problem goes away. I know this isn’t a normal thing but has anyone done the lube of the pin thing ?

Oiling the prop shafts has neen discussed before and apparently doesn't help in any significant way.
More likely one or more of your new props is out of balance. Are they DJI props specific to your aircraft? Who did you purchase them from?

Edit: Looks like I'm late to the party. :)

^^^^^^Did not watch the 13 minutes video since that person is just trying hard to get money by having such a long video.

Yes I had this issue. It seemed to go away after my next flight. Probably has to do with the props needing to break in the joints are probably a little stiff causing the props to not fully expand out in the proper way. Issue has never come back.
The video is long because they explanation is so very careful - as it does lead you to adjusting some sensitive controls - But it has been proven to work in exactly the scenario (Mavic Pro Platinum prop's on Mavic Pro) that the OP is asking about. The prop's are shaped differently, and the motor controls are not as advanced as the Mavic Pro Platinum, and therefore it does make a lot of sense to look at the Gain settings - IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS - rather than to oil or even loosen prop-pins!
You may be lucky and have the vibration disappear next flight, but there have been postings that show this same sort of problem - but with a reduced effect - like a vibration when the drone is flown away from hover. So it can be there and remain in various degrees ...

Reactions: WAXMAN and JDawg

I thought he did an excellent job of explaning how gain works on a Mavic pro. Very knowledgeable.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Cool thanks everyone. I will try and see if the next flight or two if the problem goes away. We have some serious winds today so flying is a no. One more question, can this issue damage the gimbal in anyway. I would rather put the stock props on rather risking damage to the drone. To answer the previous question these are genuine DJI props. Bought off of amazon

Reactions: WAXMAN
Oiling the prop shafts has neen discussed before and apparently doesn't help in any significant way.
More likely one or more of your new props is out of balance. Are they DJI props specific to your aircraft? Who did you purchase them from?

Edit: Looks like I'm late to the party. :)

I agree. Sounds like unbalanced props

Cool thanks everyone. I will try and see if the next flight or two if the problem goes away. We have some serious winds today so flying is a no. One more question, can this issue damage the gimbal in anyway. I would rather put the stock props on rather risking damage to the drone. To answer the previous question these are genuine DJI props. Bought off of amazon
It's definitely not good to have any set of connection cables and light-weight mechanics vibrated around long-term. It will cause stress fractures in the ribbon cables and mechanical joints of the gimbal assembly. You should be able to see if you have 'fixed' this problem, by doing a short flight where you simply ascend/hover to a level above your head height, and physically look at the camera ... If you have the problem, you'll see it shaking.

I received my replacement dji quite props and hovered it in the living room and so far smooth as glass. I had no gimbal vibrations I will fly it tomorrow again and check but so far so good.

I flew this morning outside. And as before I took off and hovered only to have the same issue gimbal bounce, noise and abnormal gimbal vibration warning on the screen. So I tried the gain setting thing. Pitch yaw and roll set to 89 and I kept vertical to 100. Problem is now gone. Steady as before with the stock props now. Strange how some have problems and others do not.

I flew this morning outside. And as before I took off and hovered only to have the same issue gimbal bounce, noise and abnormal gimbal vibration warning on the screen. So I tried the gain setting thing. Pitch yaw and roll set to 89 and I kept vertical to 100. Problem is now gone. Steady as before with the stock props now. Strange how some have problems and others do not.
When you understand how feedback circuits work, it's actually not so strange, because the setting variation between the 'stable' point, and 'off-stable' is extremely fine. The Gain settings in the Mavic make it look like the range is huge, but it's not. Therefore, it wouldn't take much to upset the feedback in such a way that it did need some minor adjust to get it back in line. In regard to why it worked OK indoors, but not out - that's because indoors you would have had EXTREMELY stable air, so the need for the drone to 'fight' and correct any movement away from its hover position would have been almost non-existent in comparison to outdoors. When the Gain setting is too high, the drone tends to over-compensate for any movement caused by turbulence, then over-compensate to damp the compensation, then over-compensate for that correction etc. That's why a feedback circuit is commonly set up as a frequency generator, or 'oscillator'. If you set the Gains too far out on the Mavic, you will make it oscillate rather than sit still in the hover.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54