DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC - DIY Lanyard

DaveTheYank

Reactions
I came up with a cool looking lanyard mount with go-fast red screws.

I found that M4 x 8mm PC case screws fit perfectly. I drilled holes through the knobs and attached a quick-disconnect camera strap. Cheap and easy.

(FYI I wound in the screws until they were snug, then marked where the holes should go)

The others are some M4 eye bolts that fit, but I didn't end up using. Australian links below, but probably similar wherever you are.

Red PC case screws (Ebay Australia): Red M4 PC Case Screws
M4 Eye bolts (Ebay Australia): M4 Eye bolts

1656650710074.png

1656650728250.png

1656650761455.png

I don't have the controller, but love the inovation to adapt and overcome a situation with the lanyard.

Looks great and should easily work for others.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: DaveTheYank
Thumbswayup

I am not sure if I see countersinking of the drill holes but, if you haven't already done so, it might be a good idea to smooth out the edge at both ends of each hole, it would be a shame for a burr etc. to fray or cut the 'string'.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
Hi Dave,

I just ordered the M4 4mm Eye Bolts from the link you provided so I haven't got them yet. Can I ask why you chose to use the PC case screws instead of an eye bolt? Does the M4 4mm Eye Bolt fit in the screw holes and with enough depth to hold it in safely with a bit of swinging and yanking? I would have thought a lanyard with a simple hook would work better with an eye bolt rather than going through the hassle of drilling and modifying a pc case screw. I'm just wondering if i've wasted the money ordering the eye bolts.

Geoff

I came up with a cool looking lanyard mount with go-fast red screws.

I found that M4 x 8mm PC case screws fit perfectly. I drilled holes through the knobs and attached a quick-disconnect camera strap. Cheap and easy.

(FYI I wound in the screws until they were snug, then marked where the holes should go)

The others are some M4 eye bolts that fit, but I didn't end up using. Australian links below, but probably similar wherever you are.

Red PC case screws (Ebay Australia): Red M4 PC Case Screws
M4 Eye bolts (Ebay Australia): M4 Eye bolts

1656650710074.png

1656650728250.png

1656650761455.png

Last edited:
Hi Geoff
Yes, the eye bolts are probably simpler to use and attach a strap with hooks, but the screws with drilled holes are much lower profile and fit in my camera bag easier. I'm also looking at hard case options, and I think the eye bolts would stick out too far.

Of course the eye bolts are perfectly functional, but they're not red are they?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78