Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Anyone tried this

Would there be a benefit of this controller vs the RC Pro

The price looks nice so thinking of giving it a go

Anyone tried this

It's not compatible with the Mavic 3. Only Matrice 350 RTK, Matrice 300 RTK, and Matrice 30 Series according to Buy DJI RC Plus - DJI Store.

That site has incorrect information.

Please don’t comment if you are not really sure what you are saying. The NLD guys have modified the controllers for compatibility with more drones. Stating specs from DJI store doesn’t answer my question. That question being, is there an advantage RC plus over the RC Pro.
Of course, if you know that NLD have NOT modified the controller for compatibility, then please explain and I will apologise.

Anyone tried this

Well - this is the controller I use with my M30 and it's great. I wish I could use it with my other drones, but it's pretty restricted. There is a version for the Inspire but no other drones that DJI supports.
So this company claims to have modified them to support almost all other DJI drones - interesting.
I don't see any reviews yet on their site, so I'm skeptical.
But, hey - check it out and report back. Would be interested to purchase this if it works.

Reactions: AnzacJack
Please don’t comment if you are not really sure what you are saying.

Do you realize what a ridiculous statement that is? Think about it for a second...

🤣🤣🤣

Apology's up to you, of course. I certainly would for sniping at someone with such a logically flawed criticism.

I asked a question and it was answered with misinformation. He made a claim that he had no idea if it was true or not. Just quoted a site that had nothing to do with what I was asking

Well - this is the controller I use with my M30 and it's great. I wish I could use it with my other drones, but it's pretty restricted. There is a version for the Inspire but no other drones that DJI supports.
So this company claims to have modified them to support almost all other DJI drones - interesting.
I don't see any reviews yet on their site, so I'm skeptical.
But, hey - check it out and report back. Would be interested to purchase this if it work
That what I was thinking. Price is good if legit. I don’t want to be first Guinea pig though

I asked a question and it was answered with misinformation. He made a claim that he had no idea if it was true or not. Just quoted a site that had nothing to do with what I was asking
General consensus is that the DJI is a reputable source of information. You linked a page that had a single line buried in the description indicating its been "hacked" to work with the other drones. I'm soooooo sorry. How about this, instead of posting why not just Google it d00d? See, I can be snippy too. Best of luck.

Ok. I apologise if I came of that way. I was hoping for more knowledgeable people with NLD products could help. And information about hands on experience with this controller over the pro model.
Next time I’ll attempt to be more explicit with my question to avoid this type of confusion.

I’m chose not to google my question as I doubt the answer would be found, and I have used this forum for many years to get information from experienced operators with similar experience, I forget that some here have very rudimentary knowledge but think they know it all

Ok. I apologise if I came of that way. I was hoping for more knowledgeable people with NLD products could help. And information about hands on experience with this controller over the pro model.
Next time I’ll attempt to be more explicit with my question to avoid this type of confusion.

I’m chose not to google my question as I doubt the answer would be found, and I have used this forum for many years to get information from experienced operators with similar experience, I forget that some here have very rudimentary knowledge but think they know it all
I apologize as well. It was not my intent to misinform. I had not seen companies modifying controllers in that manner and must have missed the part in the description you linked. I should know better than to try to reply at 11pm local time. :D Happy Easter.

Thanks, guys for remaining civil.

I reached out to NLD about their mod and compatibility.
He sent me a link to dji rc pro specs and said the “according to DJI it is compatible”
For this reason i have become very skeptical. I told them as much and awaiting another answer. NLD have always seemed reputable, but this is strange

Hmmmm... going out on a limb, perhaps the "hack" is shoehorning the RC Pro OS image on the RC Plus, and therefore anything supported by the RC Pro would work?

Check on that.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Thats what i would have thought. I was keen to purchase but im a little uncomfortable with the response i received from NLD

Thats what i would have thought. I was keen to purchase but im a little uncomfortable with the response i received from NLD
There was someone on another DJI forum who actually was able to load the DJI Fly app on the RC+ controller. It kinda worked with a lot of features not supported. However, every time he shut off the controller, the Fly app disappeared and had to be resinstalled.

I reached out to NLD about their mod and compatibility.
He sent me a link to dji rc pro specs and said the “according to DJI it is compatible”
For this reason i have become very skeptical. I told them as much and awaiting another answer. NLD have always seemed reputable, but this is strange
Mine arrived a couple of days ago, and up till now I am impressed, done 4/5 flights with it with the Mavic 3 pro. Screen is much brighter and a lot bigger than the Pro (Main 2 reasons for Purchase).
A used one from China, came with Fly app installed but told the Pilot app can be installed also.
The front L and R buttons on this one with the Fly app cannot be programmed, not an issue for me as I would most likely forget what I had set them all at anyway.. ;) otherwise same buttons as the Pro. Seems quicker also, (faster processor) and more onboard memory.
I haven't had the issue as mentioned when shutting down and having to install the app again.
One thing I have noticed on this one is that the antennas are not a rigid as on the Rc Pro, but its a used one and we don't all handle things the the same...
But for me the screen size and brightness are what I wanted.
I'll give it a good try out for a couple of weeks and if all still as good, then the RC Pro will be going...

Mine arrived a couple of days ago, and up till now I am impressed, done 4/5 flights with it with the Mavic 3 pro. Screen is much brighter and a lot bigger than the Pro (Main 2 reasons for Purchase).
A used one from China, came with Fly app installed but told the Pilot app can be installed also.
The front L and R buttons on this one with the Fly app cannot be programmed, not an issue for me as I would most likely forget what I had set them all at anyway.. ;) otherwise same buttons as the Pro. Seems quicker also, (faster processor) and more onboard memory.
I haven't had the issue as mentioned when shutting down and having to install the app again.
One thing I have noticed on this one is that the antennas are not a rigid as on the Rc Pro, but its a used one and we don't all handle things the the same...
But for me the screen size and brightness are what I wanted.
I'll give it a good try out for a couple of weeks and if all still as good, then the RC Pro will be going...
Thanks for that. Can you report back in a couple of weeks? I’d much appreciate it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom