DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro Controller vs RC, RC-N1? Advantages?

And to be clear you're referring to the tablet/smartphone by, "the device on the N1", right?
Correct. I personally find the DJI RC to be laggy. It is the RC that came with my Mavic 3 Classic, I now use it solely for my mini 3 (not the pro) and I purchased an RC-Pro for use with my Classic, I have not had any range issues with either RC or bird. I do use an external device with my Phantom 3 and GL300C RC.
I do not have an N1 so I can't comment on it's performance.

Reactions: pommy and MS Coast
Well RC Pro does in fact have the 2T4R antennas and is the only RC that can use O3+, so on paper it could possibly have an advantage. However, most actual tests of this seem to indicate there’s not a whole lot of real world difference but maybe in these fringe situations it could make a difference.

The problem with trying to compare what you used to be able to do with what you can do now is the environmental factors change. Down there in Mississippi in the summer even the humidity can be a factor. But if there’s a big noticeable difference on the same day using the two remotes to would send it in
I'm in mid-Georgia now. The comparison flights I've done have all been during the past three days, with multiple trails of each configuration.

The RC-Pro and RC-N1 support 3rd party apps, the DJI RC does not.
Thanks. That might indicate that the processor in the RC Pro (or phone/tablet in the RC-N1) matter in the way that the DJI RC doesn’t have sufficient processing power to run apps (not just locked by DJI).

Thanks. That might indicate that the processor in the RC Pro (or phone/tablet in the RC-N1) matter in the way that the DJI RC doesn’t have sufficient processing power to run apps (not just locked by DJI).
Could be the RC is limited by its processing, would not surprise me, its a capable RC as is.
Honestly though, other than the fact that the RC-N1 has no right side scroll wheel, I would much rather have the N1 over the RC for many reasons, it even trumps the RC-Pro when it comes to map displays. I'd love to have an N1.

The RC-Pro and RC-N1 support 3rd party apps, the DJI RC does not.
Actually, it's been hacked around at this point, but there's too little storage available for apps, so it's a bust anyway.

And to clarify, the RC-N1 doesn't accept app installation. However the attached device running DJI Fly does.

Reactions: pommy
Just my two cents: I really like the DJI RC and I’m usually that guy that needs to have the latest and greatest. Sure the little bit brighter display, the custom buttons, and the higher signal output of the Pro would be nice.

However, the DJI RC has a couple of advantages over the pro. It is really lightweight, in fact almost half the weight of the Pro and better balanced than the RC-N1 with a phone attached. I know that may not seem like a big deal but it is very comfortable to hold even with one hand and that makes a surprising difference to quality of life in the real world when flying.
But I like the heavier weight. Doesn't feel like a toy. And I definitely need the extra range. Not just distance, but through trees and building. I would get a 'weak signal' almost every time I flew with the RC. There might be one house between me and the drone. I shoot a lot on the beach, so the brighter screen is nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure