DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro won't power on despite being charged

PGTips

Reactions
I just tried to switch on my RC Pro to prepare for a trip, but it won't switch on. It is partially charged. Pressing the power button shows two green charge LEDs fully lit and one flashing. These lights go off after a couple of seconds but nothing else happens.

Plugging it into the charger seems to start the charging process - i.e. three LEDs flashing quickly. This continues whilst the cable is connected. Pressing the power on button while it's in this state has the same result - it shows two green charge LEDs fully lit and one flashing for a few seconds and then goes back to the three flashing quickly.

This is a relatively new controller - bought on 10 July 2022 - and I have only used it once to link it to my Mavic 3 and check everything was working. That was back in July.

I get the same whether the controller has a card installed or not. Similarly, it does not matter whether it is connected to the power through USBC or to my PC.

Any ideas of what might be wrong or how to force a hardware reset?

I had much the same thing happen to my Smart Controller. Took it in to my local(ish) repair shop and it turned on no problem. The tech who checked it out thought that I must have been mis-timing the double-push to turn it on, either too fast or too slow. Have you tried varying the delay between first and second push?

If that isn't the case then I have no useful suggestions.

Ignore the email above. Some helpful soul on another forum pointed out the obvious that I need to do the double press. I thought DJI had got rid of this method of powering on and off but it appears that only applies to the drones themselves.

Sorry to waste your time.

Reactions: gope_73
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan