DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Versus iPhone

I am considering the purchase of the Mini 3. I've had the Mavic Air and now fly the Mini 2. The Mini 3 can be bought with the 'new' RC controller and is about $200 more than using the RC-N1 which is the standard remote controller. I use an iPhone 14 with the controller and am asking if the newer controller withe built in display is worth it? Is the viewing screen better? Why do you think it's better?
Once you use a controller with a built in screen you will NEVER NEVER go back. It’s worth every penny. I’m up and flying long before my phone controller friends can get setup. It will be $200 well spent.

I just upgraded from Mini 2 and I can say the RC is definitely worth it for the reasons mentioned above. I do agree with the increased screen reflectivity comment. I purchased a hood which takes care of that nicely, very happy now.
Tom
Can you please tell me which hood did you bought?
Thanks
Claudio

I was just doing some research on whether to buy the RC2 and saw this thread. My aging Samsung Note 20 Ultra pumps out 1500 nits of brightness compared with the modest 700 nits of the RC2. I have zero problems seeing my Samsung in the bright sun at the beach. I do have to take off my sunglasses, but hey.

So I'm wondering how much I'll miss that brightness if I switch to the RC2? Doesn't that seem like a significant difference in display brightness?

Keep in mind the RC2 only works with the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3.

I've had both (RC, RC2), and while the RC2 is a significant improvement over the RC, I'd still get an RC to fly my Mini 3P and A2S if I still had them.

Quick history: Had A2S with N1, bought Mini3P with RC. Upgraded to Mini 4 Pro, partially funded by selling a Frankenstein package of the A2S and RC.

So I have a leftover Mini3P with N1 controller I'm hanging on to as a backup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803