DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Versus iPhone

Nakita Mosquita

Reactions
I am considering the purchase of the Mini 3. I've had the Mavic Air and now fly the Mini 2. The Mini 3 can be bought with the 'new' RC controller and is about $200 more than using the RC-N1 which is the standard remote controller. I use an iPhone 14 with the controller and am asking if the newer controller withe built in display is worth it? Is the viewing screen better? Why do you think it's better?

Attachments

• 61FWZ4fHrkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61FWZ4fHrkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 9
I have the RC Controller and love it. The screen is a bit brighter, and stays bright through hours of flying (rather than dimming as phone/tablet screens did on me).

I also like an easier setup. No cables to plug in, no fiddling with my phone making sure interrupting apps are turned off, etc. — just turn on the controller.

i have one as well and concur with the comments above combined with the Mini 3 it is a wonderful package and well worth the extra cost

I am considering the purchase of the Mini 3. I've had the Mavic Air and now fly the Mini 2. The Mini 3 can be bought with the 'new' RC controller and is about $200 more than using the RC-N1 which is the standard remote controller. I use an iPhone 14 with the controller and am asking if the newer controller withe built in display is worth it? Is the viewing screen better? Why do you think it's better?
Again it’s all about convenience, the RC with built in screen is far quicker to get flying than having to put a phone / tablet add connection together

I use the RN and find it very nice. I don't notice any significant difference in brightness as compared to my Iphone. Obviously it is much more convenient. What I don't know is what services I am not getting from not being connected to a cellular signal while flying.

I use the RN and find it very nice. I don't notice any significant difference in brightness as compared to my Iphone. Obviously it is much more convenient. What I don't know is what services I am not getting from not being connected to a cellular signal while flying.
Maps. That's it. You can preload on the DJI RC if you remember, which eliminates that issue.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
More convenience and practicality…that’s it.
🇨🇦👍

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Having flown M3P and A2S a bunch now with the DJI RC, I've found the convenience factor to be much more valuable to me than I perceived it to be when trying to make this decision when purchasing the M3P.

IOW, even more glad I got it, now, than when I was trying to decide before purchase.

Anyone else?

Of course, there are certainly people who feel the opposite. This is purely opinion, after all.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Maps. That's it. You can preload on the DJI RC if you remember, which eliminates that issue.
Nothing in regard to data collection on the part of DJI?

Reactions: js47
I have to go the other way. I had a chance to use the RC... comparing it to my iPad mini6. the RC was so reflective I couldn't see during the day. Pre dawn, ok. Noon, not ok. The mini 6 seemed to be brighter and less reflective. If you can't see, you can't fly.

Was Convenience menironed, lol. Yeah so much faster to lock and load (no pun intended). I'm not sorry that I purchased it at all. Transmitter balance is so much better and lighter than having the extra gear to hold. I use a iPad mini 5 with my MA2 and while I love this drone for different reasons the mini 3 w the rc gets the lion share of attention now because of light and easy setup. I think you would be surprised how much that one factor will mean to you after the purchase. Your other Drones will hate it.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
Get that new controller, you will never look back. An iphone is not going to be as bright plus as an iphone heats up it gets darker, that will not happen with the DJI screen. Then you only need to worry about the battery of your drone and controller. With an iPhone you must charge the phone, then the old controller then the drone plus remember to have the correct cables and worry about them getting damage as you have to keep plugging them in and out.

Just get the new controller and have two things to carry and charge and be done with it. It is that simple, do not keep worrying about anything else. At the price they charge, it is a no brainer bargain. If reflections become a problem just wear a black shirt or buy a matt screen covering.

Reactions: dart106
I have the dji rc and really enjoy its function. Just remember at this time you can not put 3rd party apps such as Litchi on the android device. I believe the RC Pro does allow this though. I think eventually 3rd apps will be allowed on the rc.

Reactions: gypsy1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31