DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RE goggles ? any personal info please

Irish-apple

Reactions
consider pulling the trigger here for them

anybody here got them

can give me honest answers about range quality speed latency worth the money etc etc

watching to many PAID to advertise you tube stuff which isnt as reliable as the forum here so if you own them write about them and let me know cheers {{ my heart wants them my wife dont }}. shes losing the battle by the way

Reactions: Garuda
Hello Irish-Apple,

I only bought my Mavic last night but I have flown using the goggles for over 2 hours already and they are fantastic, Unfortunately I can't answer your questions on range, But Quality in video was excellent Latency I didn't notice any BUT I didn't fly too far because I had sea one side and housing the other, but all in all probably about 800 meters out and about 300ish up.
I really couldn't believe how good the Mavic held up to the winds.... Amazing.

I doubt my 2 cents will help you decide but from a novice point of view their awesome. is no one close to you who you could have a test from ? Or a shop that hires maybe ?

All the best with your decision.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Hello Irish-Apple,

I only bought my Mavic last night but I have flown using the goggles for over 2 hours already and they are fantastic, Unfortunately I can't answer your questions on range, But Quality in video was excellent Latency I didn't notice any BUT I didn't fly too far because I had sea one side and housing the other, but all in all probably about 800 meters out and about 300ish up.
I really couldn't believe how good the Mavic held up to the winds.... Amazing.

I doubt my 2 cents will help you decide but from a novice point of view their awesome. is no one close to you who you could have a test from ? Or a shop that hires maybe ?

All the best with your decision.

hey pal welcome to the site and thanks for an open honest opinion there much thanks pal this is a great site and you should find lots of into here of your ever stuck

Reactions: By My Left Eye
Do a search for "DJI Goggles" on this forum and you will find lots of threads with people giving their opinion on the goggles.

I have them and I love them. They work EXACTLY as advertised. There is nothing DJI claims about them that isn't true, in my opinion. They are exactly what you'd expect. They are large and bulky, but not so much as to bother me flying one or two batteries in a row. I've had zero problems with latency and fly in a very urbanized area about 1500-2500 feet away regularly. I'm sure I could go much farther if I wasn't deep in a big city. Seems like they have about the same latency and connection strength as I get with the regular mavic RC and iPad Mini4. The picture is amazing. The user interface is simple and intuitive. The battery life is superb. Syncing has always been instant, immediate, flawless. The comfort (for me) is about as good as it could possibly be for goggles that large in my opinion. The build quality is excellent. They can get a bit hot on your head after a while in the middle of summer when it's 90 degrees outside in the sun.

The biggest complaints I read about on this forum are, for some people, problems with it not fitting their heads well, and problems with their particular eyes, and the goggles being large and bulky. If you already have vision problems, and need corrective lenses, you might have to do some finagling to get a really clear picture - lens inserts or similar. And some people never get it right or don't want to hassle with all that.

I got lucky: I have terrible vision, both far and near, and I wear strong, progressive lenses all the time. But for some reason, the screens in the goggles look perfectly clear to me when I wear NO lenses with them.

I don't recommend them as a replacement for a good screen/device, I still use my iPad Mini4 a lot. But they make a great addition and give you a totally different flying experience. I usually fly 3 batteries in a row, and I usually wear the goggles for 1 or 2 of those batteries. Unless I don't bring them with me - bringing along the goggles in their case is a lot more baggage than just my little mavic bag, so I don't always feel like bringing them.

The good news is, a lot of people buy them and don't like them and sell them "barely used" after just a few flights. If I were you, do what I did, and buy a barely used pair on this forum or from Ebay. I got mine in "like new" condition for $320, and that was 6 months ago - there are probably even more, more readily available, and possibly for cheaper at this time. I took out the rubber pads when I got them and sterilized them and polished the lenses. You'd never know they weren't brand new. I also use them for XBOX ONE X video games and movies sometimes.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I would just like to give you a heads up also as I have been given,
Find out if you need to be in any special club or have a pilots license to use them. I have been told that this is the case here in Australia, although I will of course be doing my own research, So until then I WON'T be using mine..... :)

oh also do we have any type of agreement with local governing bodies ? The license here In Australia is $2200 which isn't bad if your going to use it as a way of making money. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Irish-apple
My feeling about the DJI goggles, the white one as opposed to the black racing model, is that they are primary and the drone secondary. I cant imagine flying without the goggles. My first experience sitting in my car, doors locked, flying over my neighborhood in Tennessee was as close to actually flying as I can imagine. I had to remind myself that I was in a car parked in a field. I was absolutely lost it this thing they call total immersion.

I can put it another way. If you are flying your drone without goggles, youe aren't flying, youre just watching your drone. Putting on the goggles wihich has a HUD, puts you in the front seat of the drone.

I agree they are heavy until you start flying, but soon forget where I am physically, and that I even have them on. It would be great if you could find someone who had a pair you could try out. I let a coworker try mine and he said the only problem he had was an ache he got in his back pocked, he figured out it was credit card LOL. He went the very next day and ordered his own.

I would say just do in. I looked at several before going with DJI, I cant remember exactly what it was that sold me, perhaps the high resolution screen, but whatever, its been a game changer... 110 % satisfied and I don't work for DJI. I'm a machine designer.

go for it

Last edited:
Lads thanks a mil your a good bunch of people here at this forum ..

thats it there been ordered after I write this thank you to you all...

im in Ireland and by the coast we have some cliffs there I always wanted to venture down to the water level and now I will be {{ I fish and scuba so this be a great bit of eye on the job }} excellent replies thank you all

consider pulling the trigger here for them

anybody here got them

can give me honest answers about range quality speed latency worth the money etc etc

watching to many PAID to advertise you tube stuff which isnt as reliable as the forum here so if you own them write about them and let me know cheers {{ my heart wants them my wife dont }}. shes losing the battle by the way

I got my Mavic Pro 6 weeks ago and bought the goggles the next week. I have no regrets in getting them. They are great quality and the experience of using them is totally immersive!

They definitely add a to the entire experience of drone flight and photography.

I also use them to watch movies and play games! Just like my own personal IMAX screen!!

Can I justify the price of buying them? No, not really, but as I said earlier, I have no regrets.

Love them! Had my Mavic Pro for little more than a year and now have the RE googles. Now flying just with a phone or a tablet seems mundane. Liked them so much I even did a YT-video about them...Thumbswayup

Great video! How did you record the View as seen from inside the googles? With all the telemetry.

It's not the view in the goggles, it's a screen record of DJI GO on the phone. The UI in the goggles is different.
Quite right, used AZ Screen Recorder on an Android phone. Is it even possible to capture the google telemetry? Would love to be able to do that...

Yes of course. On closer examination.......I too have the RE version of the Goggles and love them. Have been wanting to video the view from inside the googles. Thanks for the quick response.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs