DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh insurance

paulh202

Reactions
Hi
Just got my new DJI Mavic and did my maiden flight last night

The DJI Refresh insurance program appears to be worthwhile, especially for someone like me who has never flown before. But it appears to be widely differing in cost depending on which country you are in.
So for me in the UK it will cost £99 where as purchased in the US it would be $99
Presumably you have to purchase it in the country where you live ?

Thanks

Yes you do, otherwise you may end up having to ship it to the country you purchased it from.

I didn't bother with the DJI package - expensive, potentially slow replacements and only valid if you send the broken drone in (no good for loss or theft). Photoguard insurance is much better for a third of the price, and covers loss/theft as well!

I just found this timely review of Photoguard Insurance on another site:

"Be careful if you own a drone.
If you own a drone and decide to use this firm to insure it.
They will offer you £1m public liability insurance, and allow you to take out the policy, (they insist on your completing the make, model, type and serial number of the drone of course). However, once you receive the policy and read the small print, one of the exclusions to paying out for public liability and personal accident cover is having a drone!
In other words, despite taking your money for liability insurance for your drone and making you feel secure in the knowledge that you have said insurance you do in fact NOT have liability insurance, because you have a drone - the thing that you insured in the first place - which are not covered!
Their excuse for this is that it was done online and their software would not realise that they do not cover drones whilst taking your order and organising your payment for your drone insurance."

Original post by "Pete."

When I recently talked to a DJI rep on the phone, she said that their "Care Refresh" required not only the original charge, but yet another charge of around $100 if you actually use it! Can anyone comment on this?

DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use.
DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for replacement of your product twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated.
In NA region (US & Canada): For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is $79, the second time replacement fee is $129.
In the EU region (27 countries): For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is €99, the second time replacement fee is €139.
In the UK: For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is£79, the second time replacement fee is £129.
DJI Care Refresh cannot be transferred after purchase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121